very heavy

I have lackings.

Now, I’m not saying that so people will be all complimentary and reassuing.

Although, if you want to mention bouncy hair I won’t kick you.

But, I do have those moment when I feel the shortcoming.

The shoes I can’t wear.

The shelves I can’t reach.

The jars I can’t open.

When I get stuck.

Learning to ask for help.

The things I can’t DO.

Sometimes it’s the weight of what I DO have to do.

Some days it feels VERY HEAVY.

13 Responses to very heavy

1. Jenny, Bloggess February 17, 2011 at 9:32 AM #

If you weren’t using it I would shave all your hair off and make it into a wig.

Ps. Why can’t you wear shoes? You should be able to wear the most kick-ass stilettos ever since you’re in a wheelchair and you don’t have to stand in them all day. I thought that was the whole point of wheelchairs.

PPS. Victor says I know nothing about wheelchairs.

Jenny, Bloggess´s last post…An open letter to my friend- Keith- who unwittingly made me talk about penises at the post office

2. adrian February 16, 2011 at 7:29 PM #

I think you’ve got a point – it does suck. I’m sorry things are so hard for you. I hope they get a bit easier someday. In the meantime, you do seem to do a great job of getting on with it and making the best of a sucky situation. Props to you!

adrian´s last post…Stamped Stuff- Sewing Projects w-the Big Shot

3. Jenn February 16, 2011 at 7:22 PM #

Oh, girl…but what you HAVE done.
    It’s inspiring. You’re amazing.
    And, you’ve got a nice rack. You’ve got me beat there….

4. Robin Plemmons February 16, 2011 at 7:12 PM #

I’m amazed at all you do. And I didn’t even see half of what goes on in your life on a regular basis. Just getting up & taking on the world every day exhausts me sometimes & I’m not even in a wheelchair. The spirit within you is hard to miss. So are your exquisite breasts. They’re hard to miss too. xoxo

5. Melinda Hamby February 16, 2011 at 2:48 PM #

*hugs* It’s always hard to learn to ask for help when you are used to be a strong, independent person who does it all, all the time.

6. jb February 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM #

I am so glad you changed your site! It crashed my computer before and so I only checked in randomlly….it looks great. so glad I can read again. Missed youl

7. Sharon Heg February 16, 2011 at 12:01 AM #

Your hair rocks. Mine is gray and dry and not shiny or bouncy. You beat me in hair. And boobs.

Sharon Heg´s last post…What A Difference A Choir Can Make!

8. Catch the Kids February 15, 2011 at 8:52 PM #

Sorry about the heavy moments.

But your delicate and delicious writing is not one of them. No stuck things there. I love how you take a thought and give it such startling clarity.

Much in awe. More please.

Catch the Kids´s last post…Pestilence

• Colleen February 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM #

‘Catch the Kids’, your comment says it all!

Anissa, I am in awe of how you say so much with so little. You have helped me to see and understand so many things. There is an entire background story behind those words … you simply can’t know how much you have ‘spoke’ to me in this blog. I thank you.

I do hope that your load is lessened a small amount by ‘sharing’ it here.

Colleen´s last post…Unplug and Restart

9. Christine February 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM #

I hear Ryan Reynolds thinks your hair is very bouncy.

10. Penbleth February 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM #

Some days may be heavy but you are amazing. Oh, by the way, your hair is looking wonderfully bouncy today.

Penbleth´s last post…Clearly I am the worst spouse in our house

11. Annika February 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM #

You have lovely bouncy hair and many other excellent qualities. <3

Annika´s last post…Oops- I cast on again

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention very heavy | #FreeAnissa -- Topsy.com - February 15, 2011

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Anissa Mayhew, Moms Who Blog. Moms Who Blog said: very heavy http://dlvr.it/GhZgW [...]