big deal on the internet

I’m a dork.

I once tripped on a set of stairs and got a GIGANTIC bruise, but kept going.

Did I mention the bruise was ON.MY.FACE.

Then there was the time a spider landed on my leg while I was driving. And I drove into the ditch.

There was that once that I was wearing a long dress for an event and I got my shoe tangled in the hem.

I’m awesome.

So yes, I laugh whenever I get the email asking for advice from “big deal blogger”.

Or someone refers to me in that way.

You have never met less of a big deal than me.

Recently I had dinner with a friend WHO IS sort of a big deal.

But the next night I had dinner with lots of THEM and they were a big deal too.

Every person I’ve been lucky enough to meet, to talk to, to tweet, to trip over, is a bonus in my life.

I feel lucky they let me blog.

They probably shouldn’t let me tweet.

If I get to have a little bit of YOU in my world, THANK YOU.

You are a big deal.

, , , ,

25 Responses to big deal on the internet

1. Penbleth March 22, 2011 at 4:32 PM #

If a spider had landed on my leg anyone in the car with me would have begging for the ditch by the time I would have finished freaking.

You are a pretty big deal.

Penbleth´s last post…Where have you been hiding

2. Kristi March 20, 2011 at 8:36 PM #

While driving home from work one day I stopped at the convenience store for a soda. I bought the giant size (something I never do) only to discover that it would not fit in my cup holder. In my attempt to juggle the drink and turn into the main gate at Nellis AFB I almost took out the gate guard. His question? “Ma’am have you been drinking?” Thank goodness I was able to show him the Big Gulp cup and explain why I wasn’t steering all that well.

I very much enjoy your blog, Anissa. I am glad your health has improved so much and pray you will continue to progress. P.S., I might drive into a ditch if a spider jumped on my leg.

3. Kim March 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM #

I work in a neuro ICU with sliding glass doors on the patient’s rooms (do you see where this is going?), once during a false fire alarm I shut the door from inside the room so it wouldn’t bother the patient and their family. I never shut the door when I’m inside, never. When I turned to leave I ran into the door so hard I literally bounced off the glass. How the family kept from laughing I’ll never know!

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM #

I give that family mad props because I had to laugh my butt off!

4. carol anne March 19, 2011 at 3:27 PM #

I have …

Opened a screen door into my face. Ouch!

Fallen down steps while looking out the window at a firefly caught in a spider’s web. (bonus points for making a last ditch effort to grabbing the railing with my ring finger.) Double ouch with a side of damn, I’m dumb & clumsy. LOL

You’re a big deal because you write with humor and honesty. You’re relatable & awesome too.

carol anne´s last post…Countdown to spring

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM #

I didn’t write this post so everyone could tell me why they thought i WAS a big deal, but I thank you for this. Xoxox

5. Laura March 19, 2011 at 11:43 AM #

Don’t feel bad… I once broke my finger so badly I needed plastic surgery on my hand and pins in my finger for 12 weeks. All from swinging on a rope.

For the record: You’re pretty much the definition of a big deal…at least in my mind. :)

Laura´s last post…No Longer a Member of Fatties Anonymous

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM #

We should go on a vacation together. See who dies first.

6. Lindsay March 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM #

I love reading what you have to say…just so you know. :)

7. Kathykate March 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM #

I’d rock-paper-scissors the situation. And I’d cheat.

Kathykate´s last post…Enough of the Bullshit- Teach My Kid to Read Please

8. neeroc March 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM #

You like me! You really like me! *g*

And now I’ll have to go check out The PioneerWoman

neeroc´s last post…Cheers!

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:22 PM #

I DO!

9. Faiqa March 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM #

“You are a big deal.” <–This, my love, is exactly why you're a big deal.

10. Mom Went Crazy March 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM #

You know why you’re a big deal? Because you make people laugh. Like “I just snorted beer out my nose’ laugh. For real. You drove into a ditch? that make me laugh out loud. Anyone who makes me laugh is a big deal….just sayin’

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:28 PM #

Amazingly, my dad didn’t find the ditch as funny. Lolol

11. mommabird2345 March 18, 2011 at 9:08 PM #

You are awesome!

12. DrLori71 March 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM #

Thank you, I am a big deal…in my own mind. :-)
    (I’d totally pick you over Ree)

DrLori71´s last post…Why Don’t We Get Drunk And Sue

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM #

In my mind too.

13. Kristin March 18, 2011 at 4:30 PM #

I’d pick you over Ree too. Not that Ree isn’t awesome but I feel more of a connection to you.

Kristin´s last post…boek- գիրք- kitab- кнігі- liburua- βιβλίο- bok- книга- buku- หนังสือ- grāmata- książka- הספר

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:34 PM #

Connection = blackmail (right?)

14. thatgirlblogs March 18, 2011 at 12:43 PM #

I would have picked you over Ree. Just sayin’.

15. Ann's Rants March 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM #

Love this post. This should have a soundtrack.

• Anissa Mayhew March 19, 2011 at 9:35 PM #

I totally do have a soundtrack. I play “Fat Bottom Girls”. It just seems to fit.