there’s a house…

There’s a house.

In Florida.

The first one Peter and I ever owned.

The one we brought our babies homes to.

Back when we never had a thought to what the future had in store.

We had to leave that house to make that future in Georgia. Leaving people we trusted to take care of the place that we’d always think of as “home”.

Then we found the unexpected can always happen.

At a time our lives were thrown in confusion. Uncertainty. Chaos.

Then we found trust didn’t go very far.

While I was in the hospital fighting to come back we were too busy to realize that those people had decided that since I wasn’t calling them each month, they just wouldn’t pay.

It has taken months of acceptance.

Months of getting over the selfish behavior of those people who STILL live in our house.

It isn’t going to be our house very much longer.

I hope the regret of the choice they made eats them up.

But you know what matters?

There’s a house.

In Georgia.

, , , ,

19 Responses to there’s a house…

1. Becky May 14, 2011 at 7:40 AM #

I came across this post, know it is an older one… but had to say…

Wow!

Your perspective: Theres a house, In Georgia.

Gave me goosebumps.

Truly beautiful. <3

2. alisha March 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM #

there’s the house that makes you& the home you make…both beautiful, just different.

may pubic lice live in their sheets.

3. domestic extraordinaire March 30, 2011 at 8:30 AM #

I am so sorry that these jerks decided to take advantage of a situation.

Your house is Georgia is lovely & filled with so much love.

4. Susie March 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM #

“Karma–like gravity–is hardly noticed but it’s there.”

You know what’s important, Anissa, but the situation sucks nonetheless! But home is where the heart is and all five of you are home together in Georgia. That’s all that really counts. But let me say it again: It sucks! And yes, karma has two sides–good and bad.

You are on the right side! Now go get tomorrow, Anissa, like you always do…

5. Elizabeth March 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM #

It sucks that the Florida people took such advantage, but Karma will take care of them. Love the new family photo, holy cow your kids are getting big!

6. Colleen March 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM #

Karma, you can’t avoid it. relax and let the natural order sort things out. They will get what they desrve…..eventually.

7. Adventures In Babywearing March 29, 2011 at 9:20 AM #

The way you turn the negative for pleasant just makes me want to cheer you on even more. Love you.

Steph

Adventures In Babywearing´s last post…It feels like a Tuesday

8. DMs Mommy March 29, 2011 at 6:41 AM #

I’m sorry that someone you trusted did you so dirty. I had that happen to me too here and it sucks but the people who did you dirty did it way worse. Karma. They’ll get what they deserve. Hope you guys are doing great and home is where your family and heart are so wherever they are: you are home.

9. Jared Karol March 29, 2011 at 12:32 AM #

Sorry to hear about this. I wish people didn’t suck so much, but they do sometimes. . .

Jared Karol´s last post…Dad- You Really Oughtta Drink More

10. Deb Rox March 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM #

i am so sorry. Just atrocious. Let me at ‘em!

11. Julia Roberts March 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM #

What goes around….

You know what they say.

And you have the unique perspective to understand the depths of the important things in life. They are wherever the 5 of you are together. That’s a home and it’s call The Mayhews.

Julia Roberts´s last post…Four Years Ago Today

12. Kristin March 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM #

What a shitty thing for them to do…but, the house in GA trumps any problemsfrom down south.

Kristin´s last post…uPrinting Winner

13. pam March 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM #

I’m always amazed to hear the depths some people will sink. I’m sorry.

pam´s last post…In honor of our Sainted Patrick

14. Penbleth March 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM #

That’s really descipable. Some people have no shame.

Continue to enjoy your home in Georgia and show them you will not be beaten.

Penbleth´s last post…Mostly silent Sunday by the sea

15. Laura March 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM #

Wow, it amazes me how people can be suuuuuuuuuch assholes. I’m sorry. :(

Laura´s last post…Mamavation

16. Monica March 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM #

Oh that just sucks… They are lame! What about small claims court? I can’t believe people.. I mean, I can, but ughh.. makes me so mad… But you know what… you have moved on, so eff them… Lame people…

Monica´s last post…Well this kinda stinks

17. neeroc March 28, 2011 at 12:41 PM #

That is so totally crappy. I’m constantly amazed at how much people suck.

neeroc´s last post…Saps

18. Sharon Heg March 28, 2011 at 11:34 AM #

Oh wow, I had NO idea. People just suck sometimes, don’t they? However, despite living in Florida, I think houses in GA just ROCK.

Sharon Heg´s last post…The Days I Grew Up

19. whall March 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM #

Oh, they’ll pay. Eventually. But it seems you’ve already learned one of the lessons we’re all here to learn. Moving on in spite of other people’s influence on us. You’re not letting it influence your happiness, and that’s what matters. Well, along with a house in Georgia.

whall´s last post…A favor for my wife…