you’d think i’d have something better to say

After I do a fair amount of moaning and wailing about not liking how I feel about myself (which my mom read ANYWAY) I have a really big weekend of STUFF happening.

Of course, I do!

I got my hair did. I like it. If you don’t, lie to me and tell me you do anyway.

I got published!  In a for-real magazine that you buy in the grocery store checkout. February’s Redbook didn’t know better.

I have plans to meet a friend for dinner on Friday.

I have plans to meet a whole BUNCH of friends on Saturday.

Nathaniel has his first game. I’d prefer to not talk about it.

Our business cards came in.  They made me STUPID thrilled and ridiculously proud!

What are YOU doing??

WHAT are your plans?

I really want to know.

, , , ,

38 Responses to you’d think i’d have something better to say

1. Amy March 12, 2011 at 9:03 PM #

Well, since you asked…I also got my hair cut and colored this week.

Had a great night out with lots of friends last night at our school’s auction where I bought a firetruck ride to school and pizza party for my kids and a big GNO party with 13 of my friends, watched my daughter play basketball this morning and my son go up for his black belt in karate this afternoon.

This week will be full of Girl Scout activiities and other kid’s stuff…and I couldn’t be happier about it!

Amy´s last post…Take care of you

2. Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) March 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM #

I’m going to see you tomorrow, Anissa! Honestly, I have a hard time making myself go to stuff on the weekend (such a home body), but it’s always good to see you. Is the Katherine Malone the Kat Malone who you know from Twitter? I THINK she’s the only name I recognized.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba)´s last post…Snow vs No Snow

• Anissa Mayhew March 12, 2011 at 12:28 AM #

It’s ALWAYS good to see you so I’m so glad you do come out. Yes, that’s Kat’s M from Twitter and you’ll know more when you get there!!! Can’t wait to see you.

3. Amanda G. March 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM #

Guess what?!? I just registered for the meet-up thingy on Saturday so I will be hanging out with YOU! I was super nervous about going (don’t ask me why) so I talked to my husband about it. He encouraged me to ask one of my ffiends to go with me. I asked her and she said yes so we’ll be there! I’m stepping outside of my lil box, and am excited to see some new peeps tomorrow.

Warning: If it sucks my friend and I have agreed that we will shot gun beers and cuss everyone out until our belligerant asses get thrown out. So, please, don’t suck. I don’t wanna get kicked out of ANOTHER place this week. AHEM.

Amanda G.´s last post…Im Grateful Part 1

• Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) March 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM #

Amanda, I’ll be there, too. Do I know you via Twitter or elsewhere?

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba)´s last post…Snow vs No Snow

• Anissa Mayhew March 12, 2011 at 12:30 AM #

Don’t make me stand up to applaud you!

4. Melissa March 11, 2011 at 4:52 PM #

OMG I LOVE LOVE THE HAIR! Sorry, didn’t mean to yell. I tried to get a new ‘do last time I went to the salon and I didn’t have the guts and walked out with the same old haircut. I LOVE the color! Maybe I’ll find my guts next time to do something cool like you.

Melissa´s last post…So grateful

• Melissa March 11, 2011 at 4:58 PM #

Oh and my plans are to pack for our mini-vacation to the Mall of America. The kid is on spring break this week, so we’re taking vacation from work also to take a little break, and prep for spring. Really really lookin’ forward to a week off after the past couple weeks of dog stuff, kid hospital stuff and general chaos.

Melissa´s last post…So grateful

5. Christy March 11, 2011 at 7:47 AM #

Congrats on being published! How did you celebrate this? The red is sassy, I love that!

I’ve been feeling a bit blue lately – realizing I’m really good at existing, (in fact might even dare call myself a pro at it), and I’m really good at being a mom, but I seem to have forgotten how to be me. Don’t have any hobbies, not sure what I’m passionate about, basically left standing here wondering who the hell I am. How does this happen?!?

So this weekend I’m going to play a round of Who The Hell Are You? with some blank paper and groovy pens, making unorganized lists of things that *I* might like to do/learn/try. Hoping this will light a fire under my ass and get me out there in the world, taking risks and creating who I want to be!!

(Thanks for letting me share this!!)

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:51 AM #

I love that you’re doing this. It’s so important to not lose yourself in all the things you have to do.

A friend hound her passion in photography, another in baking for military families, writing is my missing link.

I hope you’ll share yours, email me, whatever, what you try.

6. ks grandma March 11, 2011 at 7:36 AM #

Oh my. If I thought I could get hair to look so good? I might go for something other than this natural graying boy look I have going on. (Think: very short and very easy to take care of.) Oops! Had to get up to go to a different window to see the beautiful sunrise. Thereby noticing the deer grazing dangerously close to where the garden will soon be going in. Meanwhile, I have a couple of trees laying on their sides in my yard that I need to finish cutting up and hauling to their new resting places. The chunks to cure for firewood and the branches to the burn pit. Should keep me out of mischief. Wish that growing up son of yours was closer, I could put him and his sisters to work – you know, if they are into that sort of thing. Have a delightful time with your week-end plans! You and yours deserve every bit of joy that comes your way.

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:45 AM #

My kids are looking for chores to do as ways to earn back the toys/games i’ve taken.

hmmmmmmm

• ks grandma March 11, 2011 at 9:09 AM #

Lots of spring cleanup work in my part of the world, and I imagine there is in yours too. Limbs to pick up before mowing season starts, debris to rake up. Good hand dirtying work. And maybe you could set up a point system for them, whereby they could earn from you if they did volunteer work for neighbors who couldn’t afford to pay? Lots of lessons in there. I would definitely pay them to help me, but getting here and home is all on them! (Sorry! My magic wand is still in the shop and I’m starting to wonder if I’m ever going to get it back.)

7. Tim Young March 11, 2011 at 7:18 AM #

Sorry, I forgot to tell you congrats on the publishing and the business cards. Of course, I do love the hair! Have a great time with all your friends!

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:42 AM #

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

• Tim Young March 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM #

Thanks Anissa…it was a really good birthday!

8. Tim Young March 11, 2011 at 7:16 AM #

I will be celebrating my 53 birthday!

9. Penbleth March 11, 2011 at 3:37 AM #

Firstly, congratulations on being published, that’s fantastic. Also, your hair is gorgeous. I love the red highlights.

Today I have the whole day to myself as 12 has respite this evening after school, so I’m going to focus on the positive. Have a great weekend.

Lynn

Penbleth´s last post…I’m tired and I want to go to – oh- I am in bed

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:39 AM #

“so I’m going to focus on the positive.”

Does that mean nekkid pics of Ryan Reynolds?

10. Kathie March 11, 2011 at 12:44 AM #

Oooh, I want stripey hair now! It looks very edgy. And hip. And cool.

Weekend – 17 y/o daughter has a softball double-header on Saturday. 14 y/o son is umping a Little League game. I need to write and practice my very first ever Toastmasters speech! And I’m going to leave a few honey-do hints for my hubby. Oh, and taxes. Then on SUNDAY…sleep.

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:37 AM #

IGGGGGGGG

Taxes.

Gotta do those too.

11. Sharon Heg March 10, 2011 at 11:32 PM #

I like the hair ;-)

Saturday hubby is going to paint the bedroom ceiling while I make Bacon Candy for my friend’s party. Sunday is more bedroom renovations and then we’re going out to dinner for my birthday (which is actually Monday but hubby is working ’til 9pm and I have choir rehearsal so we’re barely going to see each other that day). Your stuff sounds more exciting, frankly ;-)

Sharon Heg´s last post…Flash Mob Much Part 2

12. Kirstin March 10, 2011 at 10:18 PM #

Fabulous hair!

Ahh plans. it’ll probably include some boring crap like unpacking endless boxes and torturing my kids in some form…like by making them *gasp* help. Hopefully my hub’s soldiers will behave so he won’t have to babysit or deal with Army bs and we can spend part of the weekend exploring Austin. There are bookshelves I need to buy and tasty restaurants to “test”

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM #

Not cool = boxes.

VERY cool = new city!

13. Deb March 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM #

Hi. Another Yay! vote for your hair. It’s FUN!

I’m having breakfast with a TwitterPal on Saturday morning! I’m excited. (and my co-workers think I am crazy to want to meet what they call “a complete INTERNET stranger”. heh.) (my walk on the wild side, I guess.)

Deb´s last post…wordless Wednesday – looking up

• Anissa Mayhew March 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM #

I had a fb friend come to a party to meet for the frets time. The people I had known iIRL teased her that she was a stalker, but she has been a friend for years. We just never met!

14. kmom March 10, 2011 at 9:47 PM #

Love the hair! Nathan looks so big! (it’s the angle the photo is taken from, right?!)
    It’s a no-school friday, so the weekend starts now! Eldest is coming home from college for spring break. Youngest and he are going to play Lego Rock Band on the Wii. Hubby and I are thinking we may be able to sneak in a “date night” with free babysitting!

• Anissa Mayhew March 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM #

Don’t even tell my son that they have combined his two great loves: Legos and Rock Band!

15. Jamie March 10, 2011 at 9:05 PM #

Love the hair color.

I’m hopelessly behind in a few projects and plan to join my daughter at lunch tomorrow — to steal a peek across the cafeteria at the boy I’ve been hearing about for months.

• Anissa Mayhew March 10, 2011 at 9:09 PM #

I’ll pay you a million pesos to sneak of the cafeteria cutie!

16. Desera March 10, 2011 at 9:02 PM #

WOW! Love your hair! Can’t believe how tall Nathaniel looks….very cute! No big plans for the weekend…just hoping we don’t get water in the basement…A LOT of rain here in New York state! :( You are having a much better weekend than I. LOL I hope you enjoy every minute!

• Anissa Mayhew March 10, 2011 at 9:11 PM #

I LOVE hearing about your plans too, even when you’re not busy!

I’m thinking this might be a new “thing”

17. Rachel March 10, 2011 at 8:40 PM #

I applied for an internship on the west coast. I am hoping to quit my new, very good job, pay rent on an apartment I am not going to live in for 3 month, drive my car across the country and spend 3 months meeting cool people and having a once in a life time experience. For fingers crossed this really works. I am hoping to leap, I really want to leap. Fingers crossed!!!

• Anissa Mayhew March 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM #

OMG!!! How very cool! I am leaping with you. I want to hear all about your trip, what an experience.

• Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) March 11, 2011 at 7:00 PM #