We came. We saw. We ate a lot of chocolate.
There was incredible time in the AquaDuck. There were kids’ clubs that left the grown ups alone and we indulged in that one thing every parent can never get enough of.
There was tons of great times on the ship, but it was the time spent on Castaway Cay that was priceless.
That was also when the camera died, and with no cellphones, we were left to just enjoy the sun and water.
Lots and lots of sun.
Did I mention it was sunny there?
- No doors on the Disney Dream had handicap access so it was always tricky getting in/out.
- There were several areas that were uneven and had no notification or there were places that caused my wheelchair to jerk me to a halt.
- Because there were a large number of kids on board, so we had to deal with kids running out in front of me, almost getting hit, pushing the wheelchair out of the way, and remembering where there are lots of kids, there is lots of noise.
- I expected the Internet at-sea to be slow, but it was very anti-Apple anything (mac, ipad, touch), even to the point they offered me a pc laptop if I continued to have problems connecting (but it was only for work, only twice twice a day, so MEH)
- Trading my wheelchair in for a Sand-Chair allowed me to go, not only to the sand, but sit in the ocean for the first time since my strokes. It was incredible.
- Wave phones! When we were out at sea it was too expensive to have our cell phones with us. Each room comes with two phones that work anywhere on the ship.
- Every restaurant, store, play area, EVERYTHING we tried had a handicap ramp, even if the doors weren’t handicapped accessed
- Kid Club Safety – the hoops you have to go through to get a child into a kid club is nothing compared to getting one out. Each child is fitted with an electronic wrist band they keep for the duration of the cruise. Safety FTW!
- This is DISNEY!! The do it Disney-style, Disney-speed and Disney-glamor.
What it boils down to is the fact that a Disney Cruise is meant for families.
And for families, it’s a glorious treat!