Once upon a time, I had quite the impressive bosom. NO LIE. To be really blunt about it, “the twins” were fun. They did the BEST card tricks! The strokes were a lot of adjustment physically. Wheelchairs to get used to. Legs that don’t work. Arms that don’t feel. Faces that aren’t straight. But still. [...]
Diet. A four-letter word for reason. But I’m going on one. Why? You can only be so vain when you’ve had a stroke. I’ve had two schools of thought on this. I could have more strokes. My body could just decide to give up and poop out. Do I really want my LAST MEAL to [...]
You can watch this video if: we never speak of the last trash dump that left it’s mark in the tray you don’t ask about the Nutella in the corner, you can’t have it you don’t say “WTF is the “thing” on wheels that you can almost see” - it’s the shaved ice machine OK. [...]
So I started writing THE BOOK. The one that I’ve hedged about writing. It’s doing what I was afraid it would it would do. It made me remember things I didn’t want to remember. I had feelings I pushed away. A person I’m ashamed to have to have been. But I had to be HER [...]
Have you ever wondered what I would look like if I was a cartoon? And smelled like AWESOME!!!! You’re welcome.
There are lots of causes I’d love to have the money and time to give to, and then there’s the moment a cause just smacks you in the face with the sheer perfection of it’s tackiness. About 6 months ago I was first approached by Lori and she told me the story of how “Pursey [...]
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. [...]
Strokes aren’t pretty. They aren’t. I’m not. Now, I can hear you sputtering about how I should find mysel beautiful, and I do. I’m just not PRETTY. Pretty can fade with time. Pretty is swallowed by ugliness in your soul Pretty is like candy. It’s good, it’s fun, you want some, but it won’t FEED [...]
Before you watch this video I should explain a few thing. My dress isn’t crooked. I wear it that way on purpose. All the cool kids are doing it these days. That’s a seatbelt I’m wearing for safety. I wear it all the time. It’s ugly. I know. So is face-planting. That lump square on [...]
There are some days I just feel like FAIL. I may get certain things accomplished. I may find some tasks done. In all reality, my day was pretty full. But it’s always the things I remember forgetting that haunt me. It’s the list that never quite gets done. It’s believing the motto of Aiming Low [...]
I’m at Robin’s site today, telling all my deepest and darkest secrets. Except the thing that happened in the Peruvian prison. That stays between me and the midgets. And the guy from the gas station. And the bunny. But no further. You may have missed my post at Aiming Low. The one where I get [...]
Getting dressed when you only have one strong arm can be challenging, to say the least. Putting a shirt on was one skill they taught you before they set you loose. Now, humor me and put your shirt on. Don’t use your dominant arm at all. Don’t let it stiffen at arm holes. Don’t let [...]
Yesterday was Mother’s Day. Most celebrated the mother in their life. They were one. They were going to be one. They had been one. They were always going to be the child of one. Just this one time I’m going to dance around in my underwear, stick out my tongue and say “NA NA NA [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- Virginia: Helpful information. Lucky me I found your web sit...
- JoeannJuicy: Hi. I see that you don't update your blog too oft...
- www.donsmobileglass.com: I leave a response when I like a article on a site...
- sabrosita590am.com.mx: Having read this I believed it was very informativ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129