fail

failure

There are some days I just feel like FAIL.

I may get certain things accomplished. I may find some tasks done. In all reality, my day was pretty full.

But it’s always the things I remember forgetting that haunt me.

It’s the list that never quite gets done.

It’s believing the motto of Aiming Low for everyone else. But knowing that “good enough” doesn’t work for me. I don’t get to accept myself as is.

My whole world of progress relies on never being satisfied.

I get to believe in the message that people are too damn hard on themselves and they don’t let themselves enjoy the NOW.

I do believe it.

I just don’t live it.

So I keep pushing myself past the fail point.

Tomorrow.

The day after that.

And after that.

Until it’s time to set a new goal.

, ,

8 Responses to fail

1. daria May 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM #

I think everyone feels this way sometimes. It’s the picking yourself back up, dusting off, and heading toward you next fail that matters the most. Fail is just another way of saying a learning opportunity :)

daria´s last post…Schwarzenegger’s True Colors

2. Jared Karol May 17, 2011 at 12:54 AM #

Anissa, I think you kick ass! Don’t know if that means anything to you, but I do!

Jared Karol´s last post…Big Plans for Today

3. The Domestic Goddess May 16, 2011 at 3:19 PM #

There’s always tomorrow, right?

The Domestic Goddess´s last post…Nights Like These

4. IzzyMom May 16, 2011 at 9:19 AM #

We’re always our own worst critics…but I suspect that effort-wise, you’re like the Army…you do more by 9am-ish than most of us do all day.

5. LIsa May 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM #

If you are failing then I haven’t even begun (began…whatever).

6. Penbleth May 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM #

Which is why you are awesome. Keep pushing.

Penbleth´s last post…Grown up

7. The Mayor May 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM #

I used to spend a lot of time worrying how this trait of mine would influence my kids.
    If you think about it, it’s sort of hypocritical, and of course my kids are always happy to point out even a hint of that.

I’ve decided to quit worrying about that as these younger 3 demonstrate an ability to complete tasks with a convienent lack of attention to details, so they can live in the now.

Maybe I’ve let them watch too much Dog Whisperer.

The Mayor´s last post…What Happened To Amanda

8. Karl May 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM #

Man, can I ever relate. The bar I set for myself is far higher than the one I set for everyone else.

Karl´s last post…The Nays Have It