own your nap

“You need to own your naps again.”

Pete said this other day when we were talking about a lot of things that needed SOMETHING.

I have this site and Aiming Low that I’m building up.

25 writers I love talking to each day.

We’re organizing events at BlogHer and TypeAParent.

The freelance thing I do.

I’m building another site with Faiqa and Janet.

There’s meetings to build up the business-side of things.

I’m always mom to the three most fascinating people EVER.

I’m married to the one guy who makes a world with no coffee worth….well….no one could make THAT work, but he IS pretty cool.

Dr Pain.

Electrifying myself.

Making things that don’t want to still have to.

Then there’s the book I agreed to write.

Speaking at conferences and travel.

Sometimes I miss those naps. And stay up too late. Try to squeeze a few more minutes into my day.

And I’m tired.

I have to remind myself that my body can’t take constant pressure.

It can’t handle the reckless speed I used to throw myself into everything.

I have to be more careful.

I have to be selfish.

It starts with naps.

I will own them again.

, , , , ,

9 Responses to own your nap

1. Nefarious NapStealers June 7, 2011 at 12:51 AM #

We don’t realize how important sleep is and naps can be an important factor in avoiding sleep deprivation. I love the statement: “You need to own your naps again.” I think it’s going to become my new motto.

Nefarious NapStealers´s last post…Funny NapStealer Facts

2. Susie May 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM #

Anissa, only when you truly take care of yourself, can you take care of others. Now go get tomorrow, like you always do–but now that includes naps!

3. ThePeachy1 May 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM #

yes you must become one with the nap, wooosaaabaaa….

4. IzzyMom May 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM #

You’re the closest thing I’ve ever known to Superwoman but I’ll bet even she napped.

So please do take your naps. They’re good for you.

Signed,
    Not Your Mother but Sounding Like Her

IzzyMom´s last post…S-E-X

5. Penbleth May 4, 2011 at 3:40 AM #

It must be the weather for it. I had a little nap when I got back in to the house yesterday before 12 got back home. Did me the world of good. Don’t begrudge yourself something that will make you feel much better, be more energised and keeps you well.

Penbleth´s last post…One day I will be organised- but not today

6. Kristin May 4, 2011 at 12:36 AM #

Pete is a smart man. A woman as driven as you are needs to be reminded to slow down and own her naps.

Kristin´s last post…Sunday Smorgasbord

7. Annie from Oregon May 4, 2011 at 12:19 AM #

Glad to hear you are doing this again. Take care of mama…she’s been through a lot and is only human. Love your blog and your life and your courage and strength. I want to read for a long, long time. So take care of mama, K? =o)

8. Faiqa May 3, 2011 at 6:09 PM #

Funny. I took a nap yesterday for the first time in, well, a long time. It did me good. I think I’ll take another one.

9. schmutzie May 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM #

Do start rocking the naps again. After my hysterectomy (not the same thing AT ALL, I know, but a physical thing that made me tired for many months), I neglected my need to take care of myself for a while. Once I started to embrace the nap as part of my JOB to take care of myself and my marriage and my creative life, everything got better.