getting bad treatment from @TMobile

I have AT&T cell phone service.

When I moved to GA the summer of 2009, I had Tmobile and was very happy.

Unfortunately, our house was built REALLY close to cell phone tower, so the signal literally goes OVER my house.

TMOBILE CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

When we moved into this house over two years ago we ran into this bad signal issue.

I went to Tmobile and instead of saying how we could get a better signal, they just released us from our contract because they couldn’t provide us service.

Fast forward two years, my medical aide Jackie moves in.

She had Tmobile service.

I couldn’t reach her…when that was the purpose of her moving in FOR THE FIRST PLACE!

Her teenage daughter called for a ride from work and had to call me because she couldn’t reach her mom.

Jackie had to switch service (we had to go with At&T to get a Microcell because we STILL couldn’t get decent service).

We went to the Tmobile store to explain the situation and they were very understanding. We just needed to pay them $200 to cancel the contract.

WHAT?!

This wasn’t the agreement two years ago, this wasn’t what Jackie was told when she agreed to Tmobile service six months ago and it sure wasn’t what she TOLD TWO MONTHS AGO:  if she had connection problems she could stop the cell service.

We were told they had changed policy.

Jackie went up the chain of command asking to *gasp* ACTUALLY SPEAK TO PEOPLE.

She finally spoke to a person named MELVIN BROWN, who told us there was nothing he could do. THEN HE HUNG UP.

Mid-sentence. Without warning.

HE.HUNG.UP.ON.HER.

After much tweeting and this

They did nothing.  They STILL did nothing.

So if you see me annoying @Tmobile and expecting better of their treatment of customers than to be hung up on and be expected to pay for a non-service,  please bear with me.

, , , ,

15 Responses to getting bad treatment from @TMobile

1. Llama Farmer July 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM #

You get the same treatment no matter what American cell phone company you go with!

2. kyooty June 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM #

That’s really bad business. ick!

kyooty´s last post…RTT last Tuesday of the School Year- Yep Im the Avon Lady

3. Truthful Mommy June 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM #

What a bunch of douche canoes! Sorry, these people are such assholes to you. Hopefully, someone will make it right.

Truthful Mommy´s last post…Announcing the Divalicious Winner of the Diva Cup

4. Lis June 21, 2011 at 7:40 AM #

Good for you! The cell phone industry is the main one I’ve seen customer service go way down. I’m fighting tooth and nail with Verizon right now, so it seems like one is not better than the other.

I hope it works out!

5. Jess June 20, 2011 at 9:50 PM #

I work in customer service for a big security company that monitors all 50 states. We have 2 calls randomly pulled a week that are scored. A guy just got fired for hanging up on customers. So Melvin Brown? Would never cut it in my company.

And we have equipment that runs off of cell towers (digital cellular protection) and if it didn’t work would we hold you to it? Hell no. We’d come out, try to make it work and if it didn’t, we’d cancel it for you or try something else.

Screw Tmobile. They don’t deserve a customer as nice as you!

6. Kris (@nolongerbroken) June 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM #

getting bad treatment from @TMobile | #FreeAnissa: http://t.co/XjZmahn via @addthis

7. neena June 20, 2011 at 7:30 PM #

Stupid TMobile!!!

neena´s last post…Breakfast Time with FiberPlus

8. Jen-BeautySchoolBlog (@Jen_Meade) June 20, 2011 at 12:32 PM #

.@TMobile – shame on you! Everyone pls read how @TMobile treats people! A RT would be great, too. http://ow.ly/5lYhP #freeanissa

9. Carol Pyles June 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM #

This change in customer service is quite possibly from AT&T acquiring them or working to acquire them or whatever that all was a few months back.
    I also have been a long time customer of T-Mobile and have been noticing customer service going downhill with them.

I hope this current situation can find some closure as I know how frustrating it can be.

Carol Pyles´s last post…New iPhone App Recommendation – Flare by greenlike

10. Robin O'Bryant June 20, 2011 at 11:42 AM #

WTH??

Robin O’Bryant´s last post…Aubrey Said- This is my sister

11. getting bad treatment from @TMobile http://dlvr.it/X5FN1

12. Barbara Ling, Mama Bear June 20, 2011 at 10:40 AM #

Owies. I might be in your boat soon (but hopefully not) – going to try to upgrade my verizon phone to one that takes 2 SIM cards. Thing is, I have to get data coverage, but my husband doesn’t use that. So we’ll see…..

Barbara Ling, Mama Bear´s last post…REAL Girls Swing Samurai Swords

13. IzzyMom June 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM #

Are you sure you weren’t calling Verizon residential customer service? Or AT&T? I’d expect that kind of shoddy service from them. Maybe I’m not so sad after all about leaving T-Mobile. And maybe I should move my husband over to Verizon Wireless, too. He stayed with TMo but we don’t have a contract. We can leave anytime. Let me know how it plays out.

IzzyMom´s last post…Jedi Mom Trick

14. Robin June 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM #

I am really REALLY surprised at T-Mobile.

I have been with them for 12 years, 8 months (so they said when I tried to cancel my contract…::wink::) and their agents have been nothing but kind, generous and understanding. Because of this, I’ve been one of their greatest cheerleaders. However, lately I am hearing more and more stories of their customer service heading downhill. If they are doing this to you guys when there are clearly clauses in cell phone contracts that allow for contract terminations when the service is tower/signal affected (and they did let you out of your contract for the same reason a couple of years ago), then their customer service agents either aren’t educated on what their contracts state (which is redonkulous) or they truly don’t care anymore since they’ll most likely be acquired by AT&T next year and are worried about their next pay check rather than giving excellent service. This is sad because their prices and cell phones ARE (for the most part) better than what everyone else has.

Looks like I will be canceling my contract before it ends next month, and not only because I want an iPhone, but because of this as well.

Jerks.

Robin´s last post…More Things That Make Me Happy…

15. I WROTE THIS: getting bad treatment from @TMobile – http://freeanissa.com/HB