Here I can be very serious, raw and truthful about recovery. At Aiming Low I get to revel in the funny that makes some people cringe. A new site we latched is a site of the absurd. On places like Twitter, Facebook and Google+ I am pretty much what you’d think I’m like. I am [...]
For every person that would love to help Felicity (the 4yo brain tumor patient) and her family, here’s another way you can donate. If you want to donate you can use the widget below, the money will be deposited into MY paypal and I will get the Winthrow family via Visa Gift Card. If anyone [...]
Dear people going to BlogHer, NOT going to BlogHer or wondering “WTH is BlogHer?”, Last year, Peter and I got on a plane and flew to NY to be at my first event post-strokes. NY was loud, it smelled funky and being able to be there was glorious. Being anywhere was glorious. Since that time [...]
I‘ve had a few friends become “pushers”. Not so much drug pushers, but wheelchair pushers. Although, drug pushers can make birthday parties more fun! In the months gone by, I’ve seen people grow more aware of what people in wheelchair are dealing with every day. A store where the aisles are too narrow. Sidewalks with [...]
We arent having fun. It pretty much blows. We saw some family, And some best friends, And made Dad’s brain explode into a million shiny pieces, SAW PRINCESS KATE, Washed our hands, And had the two things that make vacation VACATION. We’ll go home soon. Around Novemer 2013.
Im in Florida. On vacation. I’m not having any deeper thoughts than I absolurely HAVE to. I have one that is enjoying the pool and water. I have one enjoying a social calendar. I have one who hit some puberty warp speed at the state line that made hirm suddeny taller and gave him a [...]
A few days ago one of the kids screamed in laughter RIGHT IN MY EAR. There was no thought about it. Not from them. Not from me. But right after I could tell the hearing my good ear had changed. Back story: I have partial deafness in my right ear from the stroke. I’m left [...]
I had a bit of a breakthrough. It was at Sam’s, of all places. It gave me this Helen Keller in the midst of 42-gallon tubs of peanut butter feeling. It was very profound. Being in a wheelchair puts you at a constant height where you see and experience all sorts of things. (Let’s just [...]
I can’t begin to tell you all the times @SueBob emailed or DM’d me when I didn’t ask for help but SHE WANTED TO. This woman is funnier and more awesome than I can imagine a drunk Guatemalan midget could be. My life is better for Suebob choosing me to be one of her friends. [...]
In the past I’ve had the chance to help families as a blogger and get involved with efforts to benefit pediatric cancer families. Then a moment comes along that both meet in one and I KNOW these sites aren’t just proof of narcissism gone wild! Are you familiar with Love Drop? Love Drop is a [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Fermin1992: This article is on 12 spot in google's search res...
- Essential oils: My family members always say that I am killing my ...
- walmart wedding invitations: > What if working on your own car or computer b...
- Standardshomehealth.Com: This is really attention-grabbing, You are a very ...
- book reviews: Hі, I'm Jerome. I surf tһe web tօο much, but ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014