i went to #BlogHer11, part 1

I spent the last months planning for BlogHer and our party.

They’re both finally over. The party is a post all to itself.

But I’ll give you a hint:

Aiming Low cake

This was our CAKE! Yes that is a cake!

ANTWAY!

The conference was in San Diego and it was one of those amazing chances to say THANK YOU to the people that have been such a big part of the recovery process.

It was a bit embarrassing to have people talk about me like I was something special when I knew the truth was that I would probably sell your soul for a Kit Kat bar.

But it was MY chance to tell people that “you’ve made a difference to me”. “You’ve impacted my existence.” “You changed my world.” “You’re in my way and I’ve got to go the bathroom.”

Some more meaningfully than others.

So expect more posts about the party, people and conference.

But, for now, I have to go love on my family.

, , ,

9 Responses to i went to #BlogHer11, part 1

1. Shelly David August 11, 2011 at 8:50 PM #

So excited to see that both of my favorite bloggers were at BlogHer!! Hope you had fun!

2. kyooty August 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM #

Welcome back. That cake looks awesome. I’ve been sharing your “money bowl” post this past week.

3. I WROTE THIS: i went to #BlogHer11, part 1 – http://goo.gl/3V7zQ via

4. Vikki August 10, 2011 at 8:47 AM #

How did I not see that cake?!

5. Dawn Tucker August 10, 2011 at 7:22 AM #

Hi Anissa,
    Seems ages since I last commented – but I’m still reading you girl !
    Glad you’re still taking life by the throat – and enjoying every bit of it you can.
    That cake just looks amazing. Did you all get to eat the breakfast on top as well?

6. Kristin August 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM #

The party was incredible and I’m so glad I got to see you again.

7. muskrat August 9, 2011 at 11:19 PM #

I didn’t get to spend much time with you this year, because every time I saw you, you had like 25 others vying for your attention. But, I’ll say this: well done on the Aiming Low party!

And, I do hope I can attend the next Atlanta meetup with y’all.

8. i went to #BlogHer11, part 1: I spent the last months planning for BlogHer and our party.
    They’re both finally o… http://bit.ly/njrndh

9. I WROTE THIS: i went to #BlogHer11, part 1 – http://freeanissa.com/RD