*I get to give away TWO WEEKEND PASSES to this!* Callaway Gardens + amazing food by a Food Network star+ incredible music from over 20 acts + FREE TICKETS = *POOF* brain explode! I have the chance to make you a Weekend Pass-holders at the Harvest Moon Festival Fri 10/7 – Sun 10/9. Wow, you [...]
My friend Karen tweeted this. Then my other friend Schmutzie wrote this. So I drew this: Not really, but I thought about it. The question was asked: what are the 5 best decisions of my adult life so far? To stay pregnant Bungee-jumping Deciding to write it all Bread bowls Not giving up To stay [...]
So this was supposed to be a different post. But it seemed fairly important to share as the parent with Invisalign trays. Before school started Nathaniel got brackets on his teeth to start moving his teeth because of the wicked overbite problem he suffers. But the adhesive didn’t work for whatever reason and we had [...]
Peyton had a project I helped her do. It was printing a picture for each year to build a timeline of PEYTON. We printed the pictures out. Peyton as a baby. Peyton as a toddler. Peyton with cancer. Peyton just before I had the strokes. The final picture was one of my favorites. One I [...]
MADE YOU LOOK!! A co-worker of Pete’s is with his wife as she recovers from two aneurysms. S is in the life-or-death stages of just fighting to stay alive. This woman has already beat incredible odds to be here today. I’m proof that as hard as the doctors try, they can be proven very wrong. [...]
I’m sort of having issues with this post. I don’t mean to offend those that feel deeply religions. But I don’t mean to offend those that are atheist too. Because I belive both have a place in God’s plans. God. That’s the name I grew up with. Yahweh, Mohammed, Christ, Jesus, Higher Power, Gary. These [...]
Before I had the strokes I was about doing as much as I could as often as I could. After I had the strokes I STILL wanted to be able to do it all. But with one working arm, the wheelchair and the unholy love of coffee to deal with, I just knew I couldn’t. [...]
On the floor in front of my fireplace is the spot where neighborhood kids congregate to play. Polly Pocket. Legos. Monopoly. Whatever catches their interest that day. I’m reading something about the race differences in our culture when shouts of laughter grab my attention. And I look over. And I keep looking. I watch my [...]
Not everything in my life gets to be funny. I see the humor in so many things and appreciate laughter in every form. But sometime the reality of what happened to me sneaks in and steals my laughter. Leaves fear and tears in it’s wake. I cry out in memory of those moments when I [...]
It isn’t just that my body isn’t what it used to be in terms of size of my thighs, the color of my roots or the direction of my nipples, I am frustrated with what feels like weakness in my basic stamina. It gets on my nerves that I have to sleep every day. I [...]
I guess it took a reader’s comment to make realize that I’ve sort of veered away from how much of my life still centers around my handicaps. I really do try to walk a fine between finding happiness in who I am now and that constant drive to not be THIS. THIS is in a [...]
My kids have gone back to school. *ANGELS REJOICE!* This time of year means getting school supplies, clothes and the challenge of being a really thorough Invisalign aligner wearer. So, in preparation for the back-to-school thrill-a-thon, we put together a short list of THING THAT WORK FOR US: Colgate Wisps – little, single-use tooth cleaners. [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- Virginia: Helpful information. Lucky me I found your web sit...
- JoeannJuicy: Hi. I see that you don't update your blog too oft...
- www.donsmobileglass.com: I leave a response when I like a article on a site...
- sabrosita590am.com.mx: Having read this I believed it was very informativ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- Provigil vs adderall October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- Provigil vs adderall August 15, 2014
- What is maxalt August 12, 2014
- Tamoxifen citrate March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129