back-to-school with Invisalign

My kids have gone back to school.

*ANGELS REJOICE!*

This time of year means getting school supplies, clothes and the challenge of being a really thorough Invisalign aligner wearer.

So, in preparation for the back-to-school thrill-a-thon, we put together a short list of THING THAT WORK FOR US:

• Colgate Wisps – little, single-use tooth cleaners.  These things come in a pack at SAM’S club that we get to help keep Nathaniel’s teeth clean and the process affordable.
  • Sports – Although it’s not the reason for Invisalign aligners, Nathaniel (a soccer player) has found them to be effective as a mouth guard while enabling him to wear him to keep a small amount of teeth protection.
  • Drinks – Nathaniel has learned that indulging in any colored drink (soda, Gatorade, juices) means he has to brush his aligners.  So, he drinks more water to save time and it’s a MUCH healthier alternative.

Now, although these things aren’t “Invisalign Methods”, they ARE “Mayhew Methods”.

Disclosure:

While I am paid for my time, my opinion is my own and is never for sale.

You Got that?? MY OPINION IS MY OWN.**

I’m a member of the Mom’s Advisory Board, and my son received complimentary Invisalign treatment.

*****************************

Check me out at Babble : Daddy’s Girl

, , ,

9 Responses to back-to-school with Invisalign

1. Chicago Cosmetic Dentist September 23, 2011 at 5:30 PM #

This is a great post!

High school is already hard enough without having metal braces in your mouth. So now it is made just a little bit easier for teens to go through high school and have straight teeth!

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist´s last post…Chicago Smile Spa’s Many Cosmetic Services

2. Invisalign Houston September 9, 2011 at 12:50 PM #

Great post!

Invisalign is a great product and not teens can get Invisalign instead of traditional metal braces. Many kids like that it is clear and can be removed at anytime!

Invisalign Houston´s last post…Long-term Solutions for Teeth Problems

3. Anissa Mayhew (@AnissaMayhew) (@AnissaMayhew) September 7, 2011 at 8:19 PM #

Stuff I wrote –> http://t.co/wREQI9o via

4. Nubian September 7, 2011 at 1:17 PM #

My son wore braces for 3 years ~ teeth have moved ~ *one pissed off Mom* We are now considering Invisalign, your post reminded me to check into it. Have a great day.

Nubian´s last post…And then I read this.

• Anissa Mayhew September 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM #

oh man!! That moving process after so much time and expense would tick me off too!!!

5. Melissa September 7, 2011 at 12:33 PM #

So can you tell a difference with the Invisalign? Can you see his teeth straightening? I’m pretty sure we’ll need some sort of dental alignment correction device in the future…so i’m curious if Invisalign would work for my girls as well. Would you say its the same/better/worse than full on metal mouth braces?

Melissa´s last post…Holy Crap a Preschooler!

• Anissa Mayhew September 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM #

We’ve been able to see a HUGE difference already! We go in a few weeks to bed brackets put on (we’ll video the process) but we were really surprised with how fast we could see in Nathaniel’s teeth.

• Anissa Mayhew September 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM #

heh! “to GET brackets put on”

6. back-to-school with Invisalign: My kids have gone back to school.
    *ANGELS REJOICE!*