so much

So much!

Sometimes I feel like there’s so much.

Sometimes I FEEL LIKE MAYBE IT’S TOO MUCH.

Then somedays I shake it off and tell myself that it’s no more than anyone else would do.

But you’re not everyone else. You’re handicapped. Disabled. In a wheelchair.

The voice in my head whispers.

Doing it’s best to discourage me.

You’re so tired.  Stop and just let someone else do it.

It would be so easy to let go.

To stop.

WHO WOULD BLAME ME?

I would.

I would have to look at the person who gave up and that’s so much harder to face than the crooked features in the mirror.

, ,

9 Responses to so much

1. Georzetta October 31, 2011 at 6:08 PM #

You know why you don’t give up? You don’t give up because giving up is boring. Moaning and whining just doesn’t take that much time. What would you do with the rest of the day? And when it is all said and done, is there anything worse than boring yourself?

2. Susie October 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM #

If for some weird moment, I was YOUR mirror, I would see a lady that just does NOT give up. I would see someone who continues to move forward each day no matter the obstacles in front of her, and somehow through it all keeps us all cracking up as we all journey forward in our own lives.

Yeah, well, obviously I’m not your mirror, but I just want you to know what I would see IF I was!

Keep kickin’ ass, Anissa! Now go get tomorrow (like you always do)…

3. Susan in the Boonies October 26, 2011 at 8:08 PM #

You have the most UN-disabled spirit of almost anyone I’ve ever met. That’s the real you. Full of life, laughter and love.

I’m so glad I got to meet you!!!

Susan in the Boonies´s last post…Atlanta and Zombies Go Together Like a Coke and a Smile

4. Anne (@notasupermom) October 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM #

Sounds like you are having a tough day. I wish you didn’t need to have so much strength for me to admire.

I also wish I were there to eat cupcakes from Maddie.

5. kneatfreak October 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM #

Dammit, Anissa, today was my Pity Party. You ruined it. Now I gotta be all “If Anissa can keep going, I haveta.” Ugh!

Kick Ass, Anissa. Kick Ass!

6. Melissa October 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM #

My disabilities aren’t visible, but I can relate. Sending you lots of hugs and positive energy.

Melissa´s last post…Everything and Nothing

7. MangoChutney October 25, 2011 at 10:01 AM #

It’s so much for the average person, but you’re breaking barriers;)

MangoChutney´s last post…A Writing Prompt

8. The Domestic Goddess October 25, 2011 at 9:59 AM #

You are going to think this is totally hokey but you inspire me. Because when I’m in full-on bitchy whiny mode you’re all I AM GOING TO KEEP GOING and so then I’m all SHIT I NEED TO KEEP GOING. And then I stay accountable. You rawk.

The Domestic Goddess´s last post…The One Where I Get All Sentimental and Stuff

9. Maddie October 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM #

Anissa, Sounds like a hard day.. wish I were there to bring you some cupcakes!

Maddie