a hole in the wall

As I’m typing these words a man across the room is banging a hole in the wall.

It’s the greatest hole in the history of wall holes.

This wall hole will be epic.

This hole in the wall will become the doorway to the back yard.

The old doorway to the back yard isn’t wide enough to accommodate my wheelchair.

So we have this HUGE back yard.  We have made part of it work for a wheelchair.

Because the door is too narrow, I haven’t been able to go out.

For two year the back yard has been off-limits.

But today that changes.

It starts with a hole.

Thank you, Sharon, for the wonderful Christmas gift!!

photo credit

, , ,

9 Responses to a hole in the wall

1. Georzetta November 17, 2011 at 5:04 PM #

Freedom and hope can come in the oddest of packages. I am a great believer in passing through doorways, both real and metaphorical. Great joy.

Georzetta´s last post…Still Stranded

2. Joanna November 17, 2011 at 11:40 AM #

I am envisioning you in your backyard with the sun on your face. How liberating after a long period of “confinement”!

Joanna´s last post…Girls, Locker Rooms and Teachers In Positions of Authority

3. Susie November 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM #

Yippee! Let’s here it for holes! Just think what your future will be by being able to get to the backyard. Don’t forget, have Pete snap a picture of your grin the 1st time you get out there!

Now go get tomorrow (like you always do)…

4. Guiller Cabatuan November 16, 2011 at 1:38 PM #

WOW! Congratulations. Now you can breathe fresh air from the comfort of your backyard :)

Guiller Cabatuan´s last post…how to get a girl to like you

5. Annika November 16, 2011 at 10:40 AM #

It maybe just a hole for someone but to you it is the greatest hole that made a big impact to your life. Merry Christmas!

Annika´s last post…how to get a girl to like you

6. BalancingMama (Julie) November 16, 2011 at 9:12 AM #

Yay for the hole! Our interior doorways are too narrow for my SIL. She can get in the house, but not the bathroom or guest bedroom. She has to stay in a hotel now. Breaks my heart. We’re moving in a couple years, I’ll be measuring doorways for sure!

7. kyooty November 16, 2011 at 6:25 AM #

One of the first things my dad noticed about my house was that the door ways were all 30inches.(minus the patio door). He tells me this is rare and cost more. Good for moving furniture into houses as well as Wheel Chairs full of fun people.

kyooty´s last post…Remembering November

8. niamh November 15, 2011 at 5:47 PM #

Thanks to you and reading about this most awesome gift, I just had to dab away tears from my eyes and blow my nose. Sorry Thanksgiving, but Christmas joy has just usurped you!!!!

9. lceel November 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM #

That is the coolest thing I’ve heard about in a long, long, time. THAT makes me happy.