I’m sitting here trying to think of the “right” way to write this. I could write this in a way that would get ME all the support and make Peter look like the enemy. I could write this in a way that makes me look like a victim and make you feel sorry for for [...]
It’s fun when I get to take something I find FUN and share it with you. When I get to play on Twitter it’s fun for me because it’s been part of communicating with these people who were important to me. When I was approached by Vivian of Blend Creations to wear one of her [...]
Sometimes when you’re in a wheelchair and handicapped and medically complicated it can start to feel like that is ALL your life is about. I write about my conditions, but I hope you don’t think they DEFINE me. I have to remind myself that just because I’m thankful with life in general that it doesn’t [...]
He was the first person I ever held in my arms that shared my blood. The girls would come, but HE WAS MY FIRST. The doctor put him on my belly and I can’t even explain what happened. The sun exploded. Time stopped. Everything that WAS changed. It happened two more times. But he was [...]
I wrote this post at Babble about teaching your kids to appreciate beauty, whatever form it comes in. I run a site where we constantly preach the lesson of a positive body image. I even make sure to post lots of pictures on Twitter and Facebook about “loving your body”. I believe in that stuff. [...]
I wrote a piece at Babble about the importance of teaching my kids to appreciate the things that MAKE you beautiful. Go and read it or a unicorn loses its wings.
We sat together and made a list. I told her what to write “What IS Great About Being In The Hospital“. I don’t remember the whole thing, but I do remember that one of the things on my list was “gravy”. Bless their hearts. There was gravy on everything. That was the first thing thing [...]
Are expectations a good thing? Are they an opportunity to rise to a challenge? Are they set so that there is an inevitable failure? Why do some find them empowering and some find themselves buried under a world of frustration? Why is there such a difference between the expectations you have for yourself and that [...]
At Rachael’s last dentist checkup, the dentist said , “You can go for your first orthodontic appointment.” She’s 10yo and still losing teeth and that was a time recommended to US to wait. But we also have this child number two expecting Invisalign in her mouth. Honestly, after seeing the effects + benefits that Nathaniel [...]
The Stow Company is a company that produces custom closets. I met Mike Wolf (from the Stow Company) and Molly Gold (from Go Mom) last year at the Type-A-Parent. conference I got to know them better when I asked them to get involved in the Love Drop for a little girl with a brain tumor [...]
I have gotten several emails about the eye surgeries I have coming up in Feb. They’re hard to explain, so I thought maybe these pics would help. 1. I’m having surgery to fix the lazy eye. 2. I’m having surgery to remove hairs that lay on my eyeball. 3. I’m having surgery to fix an [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Fermin1992: This article is on 12 spot in google's search res...
- Essential oils: My family members always say that I am killing my ...
- walmart wedding invitations: > What if working on your own car or computer b...
- Standardshomehealth.Com: This is really attention-grabbing, You are a very ...
- book reviews: Hі, I'm Jerome. I surf tһe web tօο much, but ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014