words trapped inside

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenorton/2229437427/We sat together and made a list.

I told her what to write “What IS Great About Being In The Hospital“.

I don’t remember the whole thing, but I do remember that one of the things on my list was “gravy”.

Bless their hearts.

There was gravy on everything.

That was the first thing thing I was pushed to “write”.

It was hard.

To put the words together.

To make sentences that msde sense.

To know why I KNEW it was funny, but I was supposed to make others think it was funny too.

Part of me wanted to just give up.

This was TOO hard.

Some parts have gotten easier with time.

In some respects the writing is just as hard as it was that day in the hospital.

I read what others can produce and I feel jealous.

It’s the words that feel trapped inside because I have such limitations.

How sad that it isn’t their ability to walk or use both hands that cause my heart to hurt the most.

photo credit

, ,

8 Responses to words trapped inside

1. Sugar Jones January 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM #

I just keep thinking back to the time we thought we would never hear any of your words ever again. For all the words that are trapped inside, every word that comes out is treasured.

Love you, friend.

Sugar Jones´s last post…Getting Fit and Having Fun with Striiv

2. Megan January 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM #

I cannot even begin to imagine what is stuck in that beautiful brain of yours; you do so much with what will come out. I don’t doubt for a minute that you will find a way – traditional or brand-new – to get the words to flow as you want them to.

Megan´s last post…Goodnight

3. Naomi January 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM #

There isn’t a physical limitation in the world that can hold back beauty, love and talent like yours, Anissa. You are truly amazing.

4. Faiqa January 11, 2012 at 5:36 AM #

You are an amazing writer. You bring power and emotion in so few words whereas others need many. That is an exceptional and rare type of talent. You make ME jealous. And that’s not easy considering I have one of the biggest egos in the civilized world. Kidding. In the uncivilized world, too.

• Anissa Mayhew January 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM #

Definitely too much time near Adam.

I love you, racist!! xoxo

5. Pam @writewrds January 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM #

Funny, I’m jealous of your talent and abilities.
    From over here, you’re formidable. A tad daunting.

In my eyes, you soar.

For the record, while I have no limitations with labels, I live in a “place” full of limitations people can’t see or recognize or really understand, for that matter.
    Me personally? I do know, more and more, the words are stuck and whirling inside. They don’t come out so easily like they used to.

So.

I’m sorry. Sucks that it’s so hard. But? You know? Your words dance and kick.

• buffi January 10, 2012 at 8:01 PM #

Yes, what Pam said…..brilliant!

buffi´s last post…The "C" Word ( among others)

• Anissa Mayhew January 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM #

Thank you for that. That means a lot to know that you find the meaning in what I find writing.

No labels.