the “D” word

Douchebandit.

That’s the “d” word I was thinking about.

What were YOU thinking of?

Douchebandits. Douchebag McGreggor. Douchemover.

All good words to describe certain behavior.

I would LOVE to justify it by saying that *I* have never acted that way.

But I have.

So has Pete.

Out of anger. Confusion. Fear. Frustration. Hurt.

Just because I’m deciding to end a marriage for reasons that go SO MUCH deeper than you could even dream of knowing, I’m not doing it easily.

It doesn’t come painlessly.

I hurt for my kids. I hurt for myself.

And, yes, I hurt for Pete.

I just can no longer take responsibility for trying to FIX his hurt.

, ,

12 Responses to the “D” word

1. Monica Belluca May 3, 2012 at 7:08 AM #

Well I guess I have nothing much to say after hearing this…. My best wishes to you…

Monica Belluca´s last post…Sell PSP to Get Cash

2. Jenifer Aniston May 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM #

Really sorry to hear that, My full condolence is with you….

Jenifer Aniston´s last post…Basic Techniques on Reducing Temp Car Insurance Bill

3. Samuel April 30, 2012 at 11:49 AM #

I am really sorry to hear this… I hope this goes well for you…

Samuel´s last post…Component Video Cable: Choosing the Right Component Video Cable for Your Needs

4. Amy February 4, 2012 at 10:47 AM #

I’m just a blog lurker a complete stranger to you and so I don’t know why I feel compelled to share my thoughts. I have always been envious of your marriage. Whatever crapsack life handed you and you have been handed many crapsacks you and Pete stuck it out. You never made it look easy or perfect but something real and enviable. I’m very sad today. I feel foolish because I don’t even know you but I cried when I read the news. Good luck in this next season of your life and in this process if you and your husband find your way back to each other that would be great. If you don’t I know that you will be good coparents to your kids because that’s how you’re made.

5. Phil Blake February 3, 2012 at 5:18 AM #

I’m so sorry for you. Hope everything goes on well. Best wishes to you & your family.

-Phil

Phil Blake´s last post…online dating tips

6. Kristin February 2, 2012 at 10:57 PM #

{{{Hugs}}}

Kristin´s last post…The world doesn’t look so rosy right now…

7. Nancy (@ Spinning My Plates) February 2, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

Hugs. Divorce sucks. Trust me.

Nancy (@ Spinning My Plates)´s last post…Card-carrying moms.

8. Scott Monty February 2, 2012 at 4:27 PM #

Sending a virtual hug your way.

Scott Monty´s last post…Foursquare in Context

9. amanda February 2, 2012 at 2:50 PM #

So sorry to hear.

10. Susan in the Boonies February 2, 2012 at 1:16 PM #

I’m sorry! ~hug~

Susan in the Boonies´s last post…I Was a Pinterest Pigeon

11. CJ February 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM #

After all you have been through, I’m not surprised, but I hurt for you all. I hope this transition goes as smoothly as possible for everyone involved.