what’s your plan b?

Before the strokes

There are pictures from the days in the hospitals and the first days home. I’m choosing not to post those, but they were less than awesome.  Trust me on that on.It was hard feeling that everyone that knew me was staring in pity. I hated it. I was determined that if they were going to remember me for anything it was my fight and ability to smile.

BlogHer 10 at the CheeseburgHer party – My very first trip away from home.

Then Fall ’10 saw steps in the right directions.

These lovely ladies are great frinds and truly part of the support system that helped me come back.

Everything has been a struggle to connect, communicate, to make my points heard. my points were so simple.

1. If you die, will the people important to you know HOW important they are?
  2. There will always be time to worry or stress about thing. Do it later, enjoy now.
  3. YOU SHOULD NEVER PASS UP A CHANCE TO SAY “I LOVE YOU”.

I’ve changed.

I’ll keep changing.

I won’t ever look like I did in that in first picture, but I’ve progressed.

More importantly, my soul has progressed.

In this time that I haven’t had a “face” to carry me, I had to have strength of heart and definition of character.

, , ,

8 Responses to what’s your plan b?

1. IzzyMom February 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM #

Isn’t it weird that we’re friends and co-workers and rarely read each other’s blogs?

You’re the best, the bomb-diggety, the cream cheese icing on a Red Velvet cupcake and I take your wise words to heart. Thanks for the reminder, my friend XO

2. Rachel February 16, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

If you die, will the people important to you know HOW important they are?
    YOU SHOULD NEVER PASS UP A CHANCE TO SAY “I LOVE YOU”.

These are such incredible rules for life. It’s a gorgeous way to live and to look at life.

Rachel´s last post…Its The Love That Counts

3. Dave2 February 16, 2012 at 12:56 PM #

I’ve never stared at you in pity.

Because in the back of my mind, I’m always thinking “this is the bitch that stole my deep-fat-fried balls!”

There’s no coming back from that. Even if you are wearing a cool pirate eye patch.

Dave2´s last post…Drive

4. Barbi Emel February 16, 2012 at 11:28 AM #

Keep your head up girl, you’re beautiful inside and out. I’ve been following you since your last strokes, Heather S. asked for prayers for you so I caught up then. I check in but rarely post. You surprised me with the divorce word, although I totally get it and have no doubt you’ll handle it well. Prayers!

5. Schmutzie February 16, 2012 at 8:53 AM #

And you’re doing it, Anissa. Beautifully.

6. Kristin February 16, 2012 at 12:14 AM #

You are an amazingly beautiful woman…inside and out.

Kristin´s last post…Love me some Muppets

7. Adrienne February 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM #

You’ve been grade A fucking gorgeous every step of the way. The very definition of bad ass.

8. Megan February 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM #

You are beautiful; your beauty comes from
    your strength, your grace and your humor.