i have to tell my truth

Deciding you want to split up a marriage is never a cut and dried thing.

Rarely, walked away from with both sides feeling chipper.

Even with the most adult, civil, for-all-the-right-reasons break the hurt is massive. Never just one-sided.

No one walks down that aisle, puts their hands in anther’s and think, “This will do for a while.”

It is never easy.

We’ve added an extra layer of difficulty to it.

That doesn’t make it HARDER.

They’re all hard in their own way.

It isn’t MORE COMPLICATED.

There are a thousand different brands of messy.

I hurt but I would bet my HURT is no greater than anyone going through this.

The only real difference is that I’m choosing to let you experience this with me.

The same as my daughter’s cancer.

The reality of living with two strokes.

The pain and tremendous  strength that comes from the process of recovery.

This is my truth.

I don’t know how to live any other way than to tell it.

You can also read about letting my inner child our to play with the Lorax.

, , , ,

6 Responses to i have to tell my truth

1. Laurie March 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM #

meet you on FB, Pinterest, or for a cup of coffee in the city. Support, friendship, Hugs. Laurie F.

Laurie´s last post…Carry On Tuesday – If I could have just one wish….

2. Renee March 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM #

I am right there with you. Blog away. It’s very helpful to write about things.At least, I find it is.

3. Kristin March 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM #

Blogging is a hella cheaper than therapy. Blog through it and we’ll be here to offer support.

Kristin´s last post…Win a signed copy of The Story of Beautiful Girl

4. Nancy (@ Spinning My Plates) March 1, 2012 at 2:45 PM #

I did the same thing. I caught a lot of grief for it, but, like you, that’s how I process. As long as you stay focused on your point of view and your experiences, I don’t think anyone has a right to fault you for it. In the end, I think my kids will look back and read what I wrote back then and have a deeper appreciation of how hard the decision was and how much they were loved through it all. I also think they’ll have a better understanding of how hard marriage is.

Don’t worry about everyone else. You keep telling your story. We’ll keep listening and holding you up.

Nancy (@ Spinning My Plates)´s last post…Marching in

5. Anne March 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM #

Whatever you need.

6. Dawn March 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM #

I think blogging through something traumatic is very therapeutic. Share away. *Hugs*