i’m getting a tattoo

On the trip I’m planning to Tampa I’ve made time for certain things.

The kids have busy schedules to see friends.

I’ve got plans to shore up my hug supply.
Eventbrite - Let's Eat! Tampa Version,

Friday, April 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM at The Rack

There are places we can’t wait to go. Things we’re looking forward to doing. People we can’t wait to see.

With some close friends going as my cheering section, I’m getting a tattoo.

Now, I already have one. On the inside of my right ankle I have a kite that represents Peyton’s fight with cancer.

But THIS tattoo is all me.

The location - the inside of my left wrist – is meaningful because it’s my working arm, the strong arm, the one that has had to pick up the slack.

The type  - it’s being done by the nippletastic Robin Plemmons – it represents ALL the friends that have by my side as I go through this.

The tattoo - “i may not be perfect but parts of me are pretty awesome”

It says it all.

Sometimes we need that reminder to glory in our awesome parts.

If you want to go VOTE for my BlogHer Voices Of The Year submission, CLICK HERE
Read why I'm a mean mommy that won't buy her 8yo a smartphone

, ,

7 Responses to i’m getting a tattoo

1. Guillermo December 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM #

Hi,

Anyone knows what type of letter is this? I mean the name of the handwriting…?

Thanks in Advance!

2. Robin Plemmons April 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM #

I just love it. It’s perfect.

Robin Plemmons´s last post…Polyvore galore

3. The Animated Woman April 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM #

Bloody hell, that’s brilliant. And I now want a tattoo that says “Nippletastic”.

The Animated Woman´s last post…My Inheritance!

4. Kristin April 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM #

I love it and can’t wait to see it. Are you going to Type-A Parent in Charlotte?

Kristin´s last post…April Fool’s Day

5. BalancingMama March 30, 2012 at 9:11 PM #

What a perfect phrase!

BalancingMama´s last post…A long difficult day

6. JW Moxie March 30, 2012 at 10:45 AM #

Those parts of you that are awesome pretty damned big. And I’m not just talking about your boobs. Can’t wait to see that perfect tattoo when it’s done.

JW Moxie´s last post…My Week, As Illustrated by Prince

7. Ima Blogreader March 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM #

Anissa: you are an inspiration! I say leave the qualifier “…pretty…” out of the tattoo sentence. You are awesome, period!