When Peyton was diagnosed with cancer the doctor gave a very important bit of advice. It wasn’t about her diet or meds, it wasn’t what we could do to make chemotherapy go smoother for a child. It was that when the treatment was all complete and we moved on with life – and to have [...]
I wrote a post this week about food preferences, race and love. It wasn’t meant to make any point. There wasn’t any great stand to be made. It was just telling you that these were my feelings. They weren’t going to change. Then I read about Dominic Sheahan-Stahl. A man who was invited to be [...]
Nights like this I should be sleeping. I fell into my covers with lethargy as my pillow. So tired. Dreams should come easy. But as my eyes close, the buzzing of my damaged ears turn into sounds that make my stomach ache. I can hear soft shoes shuffling in a hallway, low buzzing and murmuring [...]
I’m a 38yo female. Some of my best friends are 38. In fact, my BEST friend iS 38yo. I love a bunch of people who are younger/older than me. I am Asian. Some of my best friends are Asian! (Coincidence, they’re just cool not a cultural thing) I have friends that represent every color and [...]
I’ve shared tips and told you how *I* do thing. I told how we managed to save money by getting two gallons of milk out of one gallon. I showed you how *I* learned to take off lids with one hand. I’ve shown you tools that have helped me along the way, ways I’ve learned [...]
When you have a handicap life can be difficult. When you are making choices to change the lives of, not only you and your spouse, but the most important people to ever take breath life can be brutal. In one situation the cause is out of your control. All you can hope to do is [...]
How did this happen? They were just babies. I have the proof. They are going to be amazing adults if the outstanding kids they have become is any sign of things to come. Every day I get to spend with them is more precious than the last. *OOOF* my heart
I have a history of grand larceny. I stupidly shoplifted when I was a teenager. You know, the stealing on chap stick when you have money in your pocket. Let’s not even talk about the early 90′s. I was a walking after-school special. When I was a new mother I learned the horror of lifting the baby out [...]
Things hurt. My leg. My foot. My arm. My hand. My jaw. My heart. My spirit. My soul. Some pains go away. Some are forever. The scars go deep and last a life-time. Things there are no cure for, you learn to live through. But you do learn to live. You survive. It strengthens you.
I have these moments where my world collide. The me that blogs and talks to crowds of people circles the me that wears my pajama pants to the store. The me that plays social media roulette circle the me that once had coffee with other parents of very sick kids. Sometimes the worlds crash headfirst. [...]
A friend said you can never attain perfect. You shouldn’t even try. Be whole. Be complete. Be in great shape for the shape you’re in. It took a lot of tearing down walls and getting past surface highs to find the deep-down bone happiness. I deserve that. And it’s something I find sharing with my [...]
The shades block the sun from bringing me into full consciousness. I can hear breaths that tell me the day’s insanity hasn’t yet started. I snuggle deeper into the arms of drowsy peace. There are dreams that taunt from the edges of reality. Don’t wake up. Don’t do it. “Mommy? You awake?” DAMN.
I’m here in Florida with the kids and Jackie. The girls have swam. The boy has seen “Hunger Games” with friends. I got to play a little catch-up with the faces I haven’t seen without the power of the monitors between us. I have learned to love Georgia. The friends I’ve made. The life I’ve [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- blog: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to f...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- 25 Questions You Need To Ask About iphone casinos PayPal August 22, 2019
- Сколько может стоить дрифт казино? August 12, 2019
- pm casino в 2019 Лучшие обзоры? August 5, 2019
- These 5 Simple keto diet cookbook Tricks Will Pump Up Your Sales Almost Instantly August 1, 2019
- Avoid The Top 10 Mistakes Made By Beginning duckdose August 1, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129