some of my best friends are people

I’m a 38yo female.

Some of my best friends are 38. In fact, my BEST friend iS 38yo.

I love a bunch of people who are younger/older than me.

I am Asian.

Some of my best friends are Asian! (Coincidence, they’re just cool not a cultural thing)

I have friends that represent every color and ethnicity. The Olympics WISH they were as diverse as my Facebook list.

I love sushi.

Some of my best friends like to go out for sushi and sake and we’d eat tennis shoes if they came rolled up all cute.

There are also friends I get pasta with because the thought of raw fish makes them hurl a little.

I like vodka.

I just do.

If you don’t, you’re wrong.

I’m a hetero female.

Some of my best friends are hetero.

A bunch of my closest friends are gay or lesbian. Some are better with that discovery than others.

It isn’t right for me to say “I don’t see color”. I do. I see what makes you unique and different and beautiful. I see it. I see every color. I wouldn’t UN-see it for the world.

I adore my friends no matter where they chose to find love. Be they straight or gay, the only thing that truly matters deep down is whether they will buy me a pony

, , ,

9 Responses to some of my best friends are people

1. Cara Lopez Lee April 25, 2012 at 11:18 AM #

I love your view of people. It’s a lot like the way I see people, except for the vodka… and maybe the pony. I hear that ponies bite. I’d prefer a puppy. Your poem is helping me start my day with a smile. Thank you for that.

2. The Animated Woman April 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM #

Well, exactly. But why settle for a pony when you can have a UNICORN!

The Animated Woman´s last post…EPIC #DrawSomething …with Pickle Weasel.

3. Leslie Lehmer April 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM #

ponies and hookers and blow – oh, my!

Okay, I’d buy you a pony and be your BFF but you live all the way in freakin’ GEORGIA, fer cryin’ out loud.

Leslie Lehmer´s last post…ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Suebob April 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM #

Whenever anyone says to me “I don’t see color,” I know the next thing that comes out of their mouth is gonna be some racist bullshit.

Suebob´s last post…The Mother Lion

5. Susan in the Boonies April 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM #

See? And now I know why I will never truly matter to you.

Susan in the Boonies´s last post…Sicilian Style Pasta with Sardines

6. Vikki April 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM #

I will be riding a big gay pony to NY to give it to you in person.

Vikki´s last post…Nineteen Years

7. Jason "J-Ryze" Fonceca April 23, 2012 at 6:59 PM #

Absolutely beautiful.

The world is a huge playground of variety. Sights + sounds. Celebrate uniqueness. I love it.

The interwebz needs more of this. Sharing it.

P.S. Everyone’s a flower, I just prefer roses, eh, Anissa? ;)

8. Bejewell April 23, 2012 at 6:58 PM #

Best closing line ever.

Bejewell´s last post…Why I Will Never Be a Professional Sportscaster. Or Geography Teacher. Or Guest Poster.

9. annettek April 23, 2012 at 6:17 PM #

This is so completely awesome.

annettek´s last post…just keeping my head above water