When I tried to write my story last time I had this mental picture of what a BOOK was supposed to look like. The more I tried to fit my words into that mold, the harder the words were to find. Maybe it’s evident in my writing, but I’m not a big editor. Even when [...]
The 10yo officially became an 11yo on Wednesday. I didn’t get to be there. I had expected my eye surgery on Monday to recover enough that I would be able to celebrate my girl’s big day with her. Then add to that: The last day of school. A sleepover to celebrate the 11yo’s big day. [...]
We live in a digital age. My kids will never experience a world where information and entertainment is at their fingertips. One of the biggest steps has been in You Tube. Whether you are are a musician, vlogger, humorist or brand this is the way to connect with you, the viewer. What are you viewing? Stuff like [...]
By the time you’re reading this I’m either having surgery on my left eye for the double vision or I’m recovering from the surgery. Unfortunately, neither option involves Ryan Reynolds. Big thanks to Pete for helping me out with this very nerve-wracking day. Since I’ll be out of commission I’ll replay an old post from [...]
I went to the reading of my friend Jenny’s book “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened”. I’ve gone out of my way to hatch a plan for her anxiety disorder and she comes to Georgia is a total douche. Before you kick me in the esophagus on her behalf, give me a chance to explain. Writing [...]
There were many doctors that gave me and my family grim expectations for the future. What I would and wouldn’t be able to do. What not to expect. I wouldn’t dress myself this morning. I wouldn’t help my kids get ready for a day of school. I wouldn’t be making plans for the 10yo’s birthday [...]
I had to have one of the toughest conservations a parent has to have with a child. Not THAT conversation. We had that conversation a long time ago. It involved graphs and diagrams and cookies. My 14yo son wanted to tell me about the funny thing his school buddies did. The story began with, ” [...]
I was too young to fully grasp my loss when I left that hospital alone. I was a beaming 23 when I brought home my first baby. A little older when my first daughter took her wobbly steps. I felt ancient at my youngest’s cancer bedside. Next year I am the mom of a high [...]
I’ve known a lot of mothers. I’ve been a mother for 14 years. I’ve known mothers who fought a daily battle with emotional, mental or physical disease in their own bodies. I’ve knows mothers who would have gladly fought those battles for their child if they could. I’ve known single mothers who have struggled to [...]
Maybe you’ve heard the adage “You only get one chance to make a first impression”. Well, old saying are true for a reason. It is stunning to find out how much value a person’s freely given smile can have. For the person giving the smile and the person receiving. I have been a person who [...]
When two parents are separating it’s easy to let anger and hurt take priority over the children you share. Normal people, those unhindered by handicaps, have the luxury of furious departures. Something the wheelchair, and the limitations that go with it, have forced upon us is greater compromise. The reasons that we can no longer [...]
I went the peer training for survivors of brain injuries. We are learning to help new patients with the changes they are dealing with and give them a caring ear whenever needed. It was a learning experience for me in some respects. I DO live a portion of my life in view of others. I [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- blog: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to f...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- 25 Questions You Need To Ask About iphone casinos PayPal August 22, 2019
- Сколько может стоить дрифт казино? August 12, 2019
- pm casino в 2019 Лучшие обзоры? August 5, 2019
- These 5 Simple keto diet cookbook Tricks Will Pump Up Your Sales Almost Instantly August 1, 2019
- Avoid The Top 10 Mistakes Made By Beginning duckdose August 1, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129