If NYC suddenly sucks and no one shows up for BlogHer, I’ll probably post a lot. Chances are REALLY slim, but there is a chance. On Wednesday I’ll be packing up, hugging my children, kissing my visiting niece and boarding a plane with Julia. Then? PEOPLE. When we get to NYC I’ll meet the book [...]
Some of you may be wondering about the “BIG D” and if things are still tense between Pete and I. WE HAVE THREE CHILDREN. Does that seem like an odd place to that sentence? It just shows our thought process. Before we can make a single argument or decision we have to remember that very [...]
I have a lot of things to do when I get to BlogHer and NYC. There’s a party I’ve been working with my events team at Aiming Low to organize. There’s a board member gathering for one of the most important groups I’ve ever been a part of. Me and a sweet friend will be [...]
I felt like my eye all screwed up. The ophthalmologist at Emory agreed, and began the never-ending “SAGA OF THE ZOMBIE EYE“. I went to the doc to talk about the eye tremor. The doctor ran some tests, looked at this, poked at that. Dr J ended up doing the initial zombie-eye surgery to take [...]
The whole family went to IKEA on Saturday. No, we weren’t on drugs, we had a plan and mission. Since the unfortunate bathroom accident of 2012 we’ve had to make some choices about what we’d like to do in the aftermath. So we went with visions of Allen wrenches and meatballs floating in our imaginations. [...]
I nearly died. Somewhere between coughing all night and my kids waking me up when I *could* sleep, it was a near homicide. In the wake of of the #140Conf and TypeACon, I suffered the dreaded “post-conference plague”. Before I go any further let me make sure I’m clear that I’m NOT COMPLAINING. Yes, I’m [...]
It wasn’t full, it broke. It actually broke. Better yet, I was peeing, reached to flush and THEN the bathroom pipes bust. So, there I am, sitting on the toilet, with water shooting behind me, unable to get anyone’s help because they couldn’t hear me over the sound of rushing water. Because the one-leg situation [...]
“How did you become part of Mom’s Advisory Board?” I probably get asked a version of that question at every conference, meetup, blogging social event. People want to know what I did to get chosen to represent a company like Invisalign. Truth? I DON’T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE! I didn’t apply for it. I didn’t [...]
I had one bad experience. Granted, it was a doozy. But it’s getting better. I think to myself “I’ll link to a few crucial friends”, then 400 links later I have carpel tunnel in the only hand I have left to type with. Then I’m typing with my nose, which doesn’t work because I’m Asian [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Fermin1992: This article is on 12 spot in google's search res...
- Essential oils: My family members always say that I am killing my ...
- walmart wedding invitations: > What if working on your own car or computer b...
- Standardshomehealth.Com: This is really attention-grabbing, You are a very ...
- book reviews: Hі, I'm Jerome. I surf tһe web tօο much, but ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014