sh*tters broke!

It wasn’t full, it broke.

It actually broke.

Better yet, I was peeing, reached to flush and THEN the bathroom pipes bust.

So, there I am, sitting on the toilet, with water shooting behind me, unable to get anyone’s help because they couldn’t hear me over the sound of rushing water.

Because the one-leg situation combined with the rising water levels are dangerous I was trapped.

There I am, texting “HELP! HELP! BATHROOM HAS EXPLODED!”

The help finally came.

It took forever, but the water main finally got turned off.

When all was said and done we were flooded in the master bathroom, closet, bedroom, hallway, pantry and part of the kitchen.

The kids wanted to make it a Slip ‘n Slide

This was AFTER the bulk of the water was gone

Welcome, big noisy fans!

This happened on a Saturday afternoon.

We came back from the hotel from hell on Sunday.

So I could fly to NYC so I could have a great stay here, the irony almost smothered me.

Which meant left Pete and the kids to deal with the destruction and mayhem.

So now it’s all a battle with the insurance company. Trying to get them to cover the things that are ruined. We are demanding a mold inspection that they are refusing but we are willing to keep fighting for because of Peyton’s special mold risks.

We’ll see!

, , , ,

7 Responses to sh*tters broke!

1. The Rebel Chick July 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM #

Definitely keep fighting the insurance, mold is dangerous business!

The Rebel Chick´s last post…Travel Tuesday: The Crane Beach in Barbados

2. Chrisor July 11, 2012 at 6:40 PM #

This sounds like something that would happen to me. Good grief, Charlie Brown. I guess the bottom line is texting saved you from drowning! Oy vey. We’ve had our basement flood like a dozen times (not fun) but so far haven’t flooded the main or upper floors… I hope the insurance comes through for you guys. They seem to try every trick & loophole in the book to get out of paying claims. Hang in there and hope this buys you reprieve from the next round of crap life routinely hands out to us lucky folks. ;-)

Chrisor´s last post…Another One Rides The Bus

3. Kara July 9, 2012 at 5:29 PM #

OH NO! That is so terrible, and also, secretly funny. I spent the last week and a half with my yard and street semi-dug-up and while nothing in my house flooded, I can relate to the drama that is exploding plumbing. Hope it is fixed ASAP!

Kara´s last post…Snack

4. Kyooty July 6, 2012 at 1:38 PM #

Were you wearing your Elmerfud hat and smoking a cigar? Water from inside? should be covered. They will not fix the toilet but usually what the toilet broke.

Kyooty´s last post…Update on the Calendar

5. Tanya Doyle July 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM #

I had a toilet overflow recently too! 3 months later, we’re still sorting through the repairs.

I tried posting a comment once, but it didn’t show up…hopefully this one works!

Tanya Doyle´s last post…Unattended Children

6. Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo July 5, 2012 at 6:11 PM #

I love that you have inadvertently came out as a toilet phoner.

Tweeting too? Personally I like to peruse instagram.

;)

7. Susan in the Boonies July 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM #

Oh. My. GOSH!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????

Somehow, the words “Holy Crap” spring to mind…but…yeah…not so much…

Susan in the Boonies´s last post…Happy Fourth of July!!!