an open letter to troll commenterss

Dear trolls,

I have a pretty lenient stance on comments.

I fully expect people to disagree with what I say, what I do, how I do it and the fact the fact I’m blogging it all.

I’ve blogged Peyton’s cancer. Tragically and intimately.

I’ve been telling the progression of my recovery from the strokes and the long-standing effects.

I’ve written about the moves (which are over), the situation with Pete (which isn’t) and parenting (which never will be).

I never expect people to agree with everything I say. I am good with keeping comments that have fundamentally opposite views from mine if they aren’t hurtful (and grammatically incorrect).

I expect them to express their opposing opinions with some respect.

If not respect to me, respect to the fact my children are getting to the age they read this. They read what you called me. They saw what you said.

RESPECT THAT.

If not, I will delete you and you will not be thought of except in joke.

(God, I love a good joke! A Canadian, a Frenchman and a Russian were sitting in a bar….)

Best,

Anissa

, ,

12 Responses to an open letter to troll commenterss

1. adtitan google plus android September 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM #

Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing the other
    person’s web site link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in support
    of you.

adtitan google plus android´s last post…adtitan google plus android

2. Kat August 31, 2012 at 8:20 PM #

I came to the comments hoping there would be more jokes. I shall leave one as an example:

What do you get when you cross a tyrannosaurus rex with fireworks?

DINO-MITE!

3. kyooty August 31, 2012 at 4:29 PM #

I meant to reply earlier this week to one of your posts but got frustrated when my laptop kept refreshing the page. I’m back today. I think all of your posts have been well thought out and posted with a lot of courtousy to your fans/nonfans/and with respect to your children. You impress me!

kyooty´s last post…Random Tuesday Rebellion

4. Maggie S. August 31, 2012 at 6:09 AM #

Reading your post and then the link that Suebob shared, I think your response is letter perfect.

Maggie S.´s last post…Monday Morning

5. L.McG.-E. August 30, 2012 at 2:57 PM #

Quite right Anissa. You have no obligation to tolerate anyone giving you grief, neither does anyone else. Good on you for speaking out about it as well.

L.McG.-E.´s last post…Baking, with soda and bananas.

6. Apryl's Antics August 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM #

For the internet, Halloween is every day. Just as a costume gives someone the anonymity to act like an ass, so does the internet. There are a lot of stupid, raging people out there in the world. We open our doors to them because we also want to let in those with kind hearts, compassion, and love. Unfortunately, the adage about bad apples sometimes rings true.

7. Lindsay August 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM #

People can be awful, can’t they? Completely unnecessarily making comments that should and don’t need to be say. If you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself.

Long time reader, long time lurker but I’d never stoop to such a low. You have to have shitty self esteem if you resort to making fun of or bullying others. It’s sick.

I know your journey has been a rough one but it’s shaped who you are as a person today. Never let anyone tell you that you’re nothing short of a miracle and such a wonderful person. That resonates through your writing and pictures.

Keep on truckin’ woman, you’ve got this ;)

Lindsay´s last post…Life Lately…

8. The Maven August 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM #

The night before I had major abdominal surgery, I received the nastiest troll comment on my blog – anonymously, of course. I deleted it, but the name-calling and the hate – oh, the hate that radiated from that post – haunted me for weeks and well into my surgical recovery (I’m 99% sure it was someone I know in real life based on what was said, which made it so much worse).

So whatever was said to you, don’t let it haunt you. Especially if it was said in a grammatically incorrect fashion, because that’s SO not worth your time. I’d worry more about your stalkers. *Sinks back into the bushes…*

PS: Stalkers like muffins too.

The Maven´s last post…It’s OK to be Happy They’re Growing Up

9. Suebob August 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM #

Did you see this article about trolls? Turns out they’re lonely, unhappy and mean. Who knew? http://www.news.com.au/national/it-just-makes-me-happy-when-i-can-make-someone-angry-a-special-investigation-into-the-dark-world-of-trolling/story-fndo4eg9-1226283852843

Suebob´s last post…Wordless Wednesday: You Could Come Visit

• Anissa Mayhew August 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM #

Now I’ll buy every troll a muffin *sob*

• Vertical Mom August 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM #

Misery really does love company…who knew? Okay, maybe all of us.

Vertical Mom´s last post…Only One Other

• Karen August 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM #

But Anissa, if you feed a troll, that makes you a goat! A gruff one, at that.