Put a piece of Saran Wrap with Vaseline on it over your eyes. I need glasses but my surgeries have caused my prescription to change so much the doctor wants me to wait a few months to get a new pair. Probably wise. Until then though I’ll be looking at world with KY-covered eyes. Who [...]
We had a handicap-accessible shower built. I can now take showers by myself. When I want to. Not on anyone else’s schedule. Not asking to bathe myself. Showering by myself is an art. Easy for the normal. A harsh task for the handicapped. Putting the shower chair in the stall. Knowing where the soap and shampoo is, there [...]
Childhood Cancer Month. I thought about the many images I could share with you that would break your heart. The moments I snapped on film of a little girl forced to endure a multitude of pains. But that isn’t what I want to do. For us this is a celebration of completing chemo and radiation. Not all [...]
First, let me disclaim by saying that I have nothing against Apple products. I own an IPhone3 and I’m writing this post on an Mac. I have an IPad. Now, I got the Mac because of theigh screen resolution that I need with my vision issues. I got the IPad to substitute for the laptop I [...]
I had a bit of a breakdown Monday.I came unraveled. Lost my shit. Seriously walked the edge. I’m juggling a lot of balls right now. The Non-Conference. Aiming Low. Surgeries and their recoveries. A disability office that keeps saying I’m not disabled enough. Fears that effects from my strokes seem to be getting worse. The situation with Pete [...]
When I went to NYC to attend BlogHer and my roomies Leila and Robin went to see the Katie Couric while I stayed in the room to get ready. She was the speaker. They didn’t kidnap her and make her talk like a trained monkey. The bathroom floors were really slippery and I ended up [...]
The fact that my mom, my 14yo and I all have Facebook pages mean that the fabric of reality is probably shredding right now. Granted we use it in very different ways and there are things my son already knows that my mom will never bother to get into. Fact is, Facebook is a tool [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- JoeannJuicy: Hi. I see that you don't update your blog too oft...
- www.donsmobileglass.com: I leave a response when I like a article on a site...
- sabrosita590am.com.mx: Having read this I believed it was very informativ...
- Wulandari: Great blog you have here.. It's hard to find high...
- ofilzac.com: It's hard to find educated people for this topic,...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014