There’s a clock I hear in the back of my head that counts down TICK TICK TICK. The one that looks at my kids and sees them growing and changing every day. They were just babies yesterday. TICK. Our situation may be it’s own flavor of complicated but this spring Peter and I will have [...]
When I was a little kid, the only people that didn’t you some sort of edible treat was a dentist or a teacher. You could usually tell those houses because you got a pencil or a toothbrush. But now with food allergies, safety issues & rising costs of the GOOD stuff it can be challenging [...]
“Some kids on my bus got in an argument about the election. Who are we voting for?” My 11yo asked this question, after her questions about baking cookies and time travel. Really? Do middle school age students not have enough to deal with, what with angst and puberty, that they need to worry about the GOP’s [...]
I grew up in a small town. Small town, not like you’re probably thinking about. Small town, as in no stop lights, no cable STILL, no bank, school or post office anymore. No gas station. SMALL TOWN. But growing up in the small town in the 70′s there were all of the above businesses, as [...]
There were some bloggers that felt anxious coming to the NonCon even though it was a much smaller event by anyone’s standards. Less people. No expectations. The invite to come and just be real. It was still scary for some. Eye-opening for others. An experience that was different for all. Maybe it’s because *I* am different. In [...]
I’ve gone to a number of conferences and left my family behind. When I got back home I tried to explain the experience but was never able to capture the feel of a conference and friends, leaving my kids to enjoy their souvenirs and swag. I had the incredible opportunity to bring my kids to the NonCon. [...]
This is the description of the NonCon, The Aiming Low Non-Conference is an event meant to get back to the core values of blogging. It will be a weekend full of question and answers and information-sharing. There will be NO PANELS, just a learning environment where you are welcomed to ask about the personal, technical, seeking and slightly [...]
JC had told me that her opening keynote speech involved some audience participation. She then told that I was excused. I was sort of relieved. I figured this meant that it was a standing exercise or one involving two hands. So JC did her speech and told her story to a barrage of incredible hand-drawn slides. Then came [...]
I sat at the back of an empty room and looked around at the walls, the tables, the chairs and quiet expectation that waited. Months of emails had been written. Hangouts had been hung. Calls had been made. Planning, coordinating, organizing, culminating. The emptiness waited. My stomach burned with the worry. Then a few friendly [...]
There I am, just days away from the biggest event I’ve ever organized and I have this moment of clarity. I’m literally sitting on the toilet (bear with me) where I sit to change clothes and I can’t get my leg out of my jeans. I’m struggling with my pants that are stuck on my non-moving foot, I reach [...]
I unplugged for a bit this weekend. The emails built up and there was a TON of stuff I could have been doing. I did the absolute necessary and left everything else. It helped that my mobile connection to the world went wonky but it was also good to just spend time with my people. I spent [...]
Spring 2009 my good friend Janet and I were passing napkins at a conference. From those napkins were the birth of Aiming Low. A few months before my strokes we talked about a conference that would be about the days we wrote because we felt compelled to create, not because we thought we’d get free [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- Provigil vs adderall October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- Zovirax online sales August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- Provigil vs adderall August 15, 2014
- What is maxalt August 12, 2014
- Tamoxifen citrate March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129