my #NonCon story, part 4

I’ve gone to a number of conferences and left my family behind.

When I got back home I tried to explain the experience but was never able to capture the feel of a conference and friends, leaving my kids to enjoy their souvenirs and swag.

I had the incredible opportunity to bring my kids to the NonCon. For them to see firsthand what it was like to be surrounded by people that made you laugh and GOT your humor.

I worried that the people that attended wouldn’t appreciate my kids. I mean, most of these people were getting away from their kids with great anticipation.

Would they see these small people for the incredible adults they were becoming? Did they understand that the way they treated my kids and the life lessons taught would stick with them forever?

They were helping to mold my kids into the people they were growing into.

Nathaniel took a special lesson away from this weekend.

Maybe it was his age. Maybe it was that he was one of the few guys. Maybe it was realizing that his mom wasn’t a weirdo, there was a whole group of people like her. Therefore, like him.

But he was able to share his lesson learned with many.

PHOTO BY MUNDANE MAGIC

PHOTO BY CECILY KELLOGG

My son learned the art of the photobomb.

But what can I say? He learned from the best.

more to come……

, , , , , ,

15 Responses to my #NonCon story, part 4

1. auto insurance quotes in Houston April 14, 2015 at 4:07 PM #

Chez, I've only been reading your stuff off and on for about a couple years, but you're churning out some of the best writing and social commentary in the country right now/lately. Original, relevant, at once both youthful and mature, and I'm quite certain– unrivaled. Did you sign some sort of deal with a stranger at the Crossroads? Just wanted to stop in and pay my respects to the death of whatever it was that prevented me from saying it sooner.That is all.

2. Adit January 22, 2015 at 5:29 AM #

essalam alykommon fre8re sid ahmed j’ai de9ja lu ce vous avez e9crie allah ma3ak et nous somme les e9lement de aidilbeena derrie8re vous pour toujourston fre8re Samir

3. Almeda August 2, 2014 at 12:52 PM #

We have decided to open our POWERFUL and PRIVATE website traffic system to the public for a limited time! You can sign up for our UP SCALE network with a free trial as we get started with the public’s orders. Imagine how your bank account will look when your website gets the traffic it needs. Visit us today: http://copyranger.com/a/l

4. Clemmie July 20, 2014 at 3:07 AM #

It was hard for me to find your articles in google search results.

I found it on 20 position, you should build some quality backlinks
    , it will help you to increase traffic. I know how to help you, just search in google – k2 seo
    tricks

Clemmie´s last post…Clemmie

5. Rosstwinmom October 25, 2012 at 4:32 PM #

I loved having your kids there. Nathaniel needs to meet my little boys and teach them stuff. Your girls are fabulous too. I want to bring mine next year so it had better be family-friendly too! ;-)

6. Nichole October 24, 2012 at 10:44 PM #

Your kids were so sweet and well-behaved!

Nichole´s last post…On Tuesday I gave cupcakes to kids and was spoiled by my spouse

7. Leila (Don't Speak Whinese) October 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM #

I can’t wait until our kids meet… they will probably take over the world! Nathaniel has some epic photobombing skills. I am proud of him haha

Leila (Don’t Speak Whinese)´s last post…Overcoming Obstacles, Epic Adventures and Creating Happily Ever After

8. Kristin October 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM #

Nathaniel rocks the photobomb…but, with examples like Cecily, how could he be anything other than a champ.

Kristin´s last post…In Pictures

9. Vikki October 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM #

Your kids were adorable.

Vikki´s last post…Dream Big

10. Suniverse October 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM #

Fantastic moments in time. It was a great experience.

Suniverse´s last post…A Sex Book That Makes You Think

11. kyooty October 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM #

An excellent skill to have.

kyooty´s last post…How I Spent my Summer Vacation Part 4

12. Susan in the Boonies October 21, 2012 at 10:48 AM #

Dude!!!
    The kid’s got a GIFT!!!
    Love it!

Susan in the Boonies´s last post…Monthly Maintenance for That Time of the The Month

13. Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom October 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM #

You’re kids were so much fun. Not many kids can kick it with the old folks and still maintain their kid-dom. They pulled it off with panache. ;)

Mod Mom Beyond IndieDom´s last post…Burning Down the Barn

14. Kymberli aka JW Moxie October 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM #

That’s my homeboy, MC Photobomber!

Kymberli aka JW Moxie´s last post…Get in My Binder, Woman

15. Jana A (@jana0926) October 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM #

Your kids are amazing… just like you!

Jana A (@jana0926)´s last post…You say neesh, I say nitch. Now I want a banana split.