The house is empty. The kds are in school. Peter’s on a plane. The cat’s outside. The new puppy is passed out. My back is throbbing from a fall I took on Sunday. I was alone. I was enjoying the thrill of ladytime and pretty weak from the pain of a couple months catching up [...]
Last month I was proud to lead the Aiming Low Event Organizing team in the first Non-Conference. It was a smashing success. We had fabulous attendees, incredible keynotes from JC Little and the Pioneer Woman and the involvement of our sponsors was fun and natural. Throughout the months leading up to the NonCon I worked tightly with Stephanie from Evolved Mommy. Stephanie was [...]
When it hit me what the date was I took a deep breath. 3 years ago I had two stokes that nearly killed me. 3 years and I’m still alive. 3 years since the last time I walked. 3 years since since I picked up my phone with my right hand. 3 years since I [...]
At the start of my day, whether by sun, bladder, child or alarm, I always take a moment to mentally assess that things are the same as they are when I went to sleep. My leg, my arm, my face, my eyes. With the mental checklist run I swing my legs off the bed. This involves pushing [...]
I’ll always be the cancer person. That’s ok. But that’s part of the reason I stopped writing at Peyton’s site. I wanted to have more to me than just being known as the mom of a cancer patient. That’s part of the blog name “Free Anissa”. It wasn’t meant to imply that I come cheap. I DO have my [...]
Passionate temper and stubborn. That was how I described the 11yo to herself. I told her they were traits she came by very honestly. I’m muleheaded. I have a fiery temper. I’ve just learned to control them. I’ve found ways to use them.Whether it was writing in a journal or working with a therapist to the point of pain, [...]
It was so good for the kids to be at the NonCon. Nathaniel got to see his humor appreciated and Peyton made a best friend in Faiqa’s daughter. For Rachael, my very impressionable and observant 11yo daughter it was the chance to see that adults truly valued her for qualities that 6th graders don’t have the maturity to see. The way [...]
“I won’t be your friend anymore!” I heard that shouted through my office window from some girls playing with my 8yo. I didn’t hear what the little girl wanted but I’d heard enough of the fight to know that this child was already used to emotional games to get her way. Part of me said [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- Provigil vs adderall October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- Zovirax online sales August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- Provigil vs adderall August 15, 2014
- What is maxalt August 12, 2014
- Tamoxifen citrate March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129