I hurt my foot. Worse, I hurt my heart. My paralyzed foot got stuck in the front wheel of my wheelchair. I was stuck in the doorway of the shower. Unable to lower my wheelchair to the floor or I’d have to put the full weight of myself and the chair on a twisted foot. [...]
People come to this site after talking to me on Twitter of Facebook and sometimes I get emails that say “I thought you’d be funny“. My first blog was about a toddler with cancer, this one is about being in coma, nearly dying, and living in a wheelchair. If that’s not comedic material, I don’t [...]
I’ll be the first person to get on my accessible soapbox and bang on my drum with one hand that limitations are in your own mind. Truthfully, there are limitations you have to deal with every day that are VERY REAL and can put a damper on your positive mindset. Things can get in your way [...]
I did what Facebook does so well. I let myself get swamped with good memories of days gone by. Before responsibilities. Before a family. Before PTA, the strokes, the wheelchair. Did I just compare the PTA to a stroke? Why yes I did. I did it. I let the sounds and thoughts spin me back [...]
I have a pretty vicious temper. You might not think it, but several friends from my younger days will tell you about fights I was in because I couldn’t control that temper. As years progressed I stopped beating the crap out of people and wrote vicious letters to myself about what made me so angry. I developed [...]
When I was in my twenties I went out. A lot. I was up late all night. I slept late every day. My dinner every night was most people’s breakfast. We used to have a joke that we watched the sunrise often, but only before we went to bed. I’ve always been a night owl. [...]
I read some things that made me think. I know, I try to keep it at a minimum. I read a lot of things that are thought-provoking but this came at just the right time. It said that true soulmates fall in love many times, but with each other. Is that why so many marriages [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Fermin1992: This article is on 12 spot in google's search res...
- Essential oils: My family members always say that I am killing my ...
- walmart wedding invitations: > What if working on your own car or computer b...
- Standardshomehealth.Com: This is really attention-grabbing, You are a very ...
- book reviews: Hі, I'm Jerome. I surf tһe web tօο much, but ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014