I feel frustration at the fact I can’t do the simple tasks my family needs from me because my disabilities, the part of me that is still sad at the change in my appearance when I should be grateful for life, the expectations of others. The kids are frustrated by the differences in their lives from the [...]
I push a button and everything syncs. My music, my photos, everything goes where it;’s supposed to go and if it doesn’t it can be moved there. Sometimes it’s even easier and my device connect wirelessly and syne to some mysteriously cloud in the sky. It gets very Matrix-y. I want to plug my life in. I [...]
It would be easy to be angry. This wasn’t the life I expected to have. I didn’t expect to face my uncertain future in a wheelchair with a stroke-effected appearance and a prison of my own body. It would be SO easy to be angry. I work hard to stay thankful. In spite of my [...]
We’ll pretend you’re not judging!!
For those of you that might not know, in 2006 my youngest daughter was diagnosed with cancer. In 2008 she was a part of an event called “Fashion Funds The Cure” that benefits the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. It’s a fashion show that highlights some gorgeous girls that are currently going through treatment, celebrates the survivors [...]
When I learned to let go of the safety grab bar by the toilet so I could pull down my clothes I felt a supreme satisfaction. It was a mental battle to put faith in something I couldn’t feel. I trusted my leg to hold me up and learned to rely on the familiar routine [...]
This is a horrifically long vlog. It’s like “Braveheart” long. But, there’s a lot to tell.
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- youtube.com: Good post. I learn something totally new and chall...
- mortgage: I think thatt is among the most significant inform...
- This site: Great post. I love to walk down the street, it imp...
- isbcomputer: isbcomputer.com is a dedicated online store offers...
- zoyoyayep: Beautiful ideas!! Thanks for sharing all kinds of ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014