I’m pretty sure I’m dying. I’ve had bronchitis since Christmas, I keep forgetting to take my night meds so my bp is wonky and Web MD said this strange mole is probable pancreatic cancer. So, it’s been real ya’ll. I can only imagine the lectures brewing right now. You forget your meds? Are you stupid? Do you [...]
Peyton found this game we “HAD TO TRY!”
Ok, so *I* wasn’t on fire but I started one. With my wheelchair. In my kitchen. Accidentally. We have a gas stove versus electric. Peter ordered pizza the night before and we carelessly left the cardboard boxes on the burners. Note: cardboard is really freaking flammable. Part of my wheelchair experience has been to learn [...]
I can’t cut my nails. Fingers or toes, they’re a two-handed job that are beyond me. So, I go and have a mani/pedi. Which sounds great, used to be a treat, a moment to pamper myself. But like anything, when it becomes a necessity some of the joy gets sucked out it. I really thought [...]
There I am, laying in bed, thinking of the things that have changed in the past few years. The thing on my body that have stronger, things that have gotten worse. I think, mostly, of my kids in relation to these changes. How much longer will the weaknesses maintain before they just DON’T anymore? I’m [...]
I used to play MASH. You remember that game from your childhood? Mansion, Apartment, Shack or House. Yes, I would live in a shack with Joey McIntyre. Even with our five kids in a Porsche. I liked MASH, I never said I was smart about it. But in all those daydreams, with fantasies scribbled in pencil on scraps of [...]
“Stranger danger!” “Don’t talk to strangers!” Those were the most common warnings of my childhood memory. Don’t take candy from strangers. Don’t get in strange vehicles Only YOU can prevent a forest fire. Those were the warnings my parent gave me. My fears were some dark and shadowy figure out to snatch me away from [...]
The cord of my earbuds are tangled. Snarled. Like a ball of Christmas lights. With one hand I slowly begin the process. Painstakingly. Methodically. Weaving the end, in, out, under, over. Pulling a knot free, only twenty-five more to go. My daughters, my friends, they watch in pain. I know they want to help. With [...]
I went to the Type-A–Parent conference at a hotel in Atlanta. I spoke about the art of writing, telling others I somehow knew more than them. I didn’t. No. I’ve just been doing it a long damn time and I’m just willing to talk out loud about it. On a personal note, I come with [...]
I received an HP Slate7 tablet and Pocket Playlist to review and keep. THE SLATE “I love the Slate!” The 9yo says as she breezes by me. She doesn’t know anything about the operating system or processor. Her only concern is how easy it is to use and how well it works. Which, REALLY? Isn’t [...]
I live in a bubble. The walls are soft, bendable, yielding. But they are walls. “You sleep a lot” I do. It feels as if I’m only awake spurts betweens long intervals of slumber. But it isn’t always like that. I recently travelled to Chicago. I talked, laughed experienced engaged. The walls of my bubble [...]
It’s so quiet. Everyone’s gone, to work or school. I’m by myself. Usually I cherish this time. I’ve never been afraid of solitude. But yesterday changed that a little. I’ve been horribly sick this week with the most wretched unrelated pain. To combat the pain I’ve taken meds left over from my broken wrist. It [...]
Years ago Pete and I used to play this game where we’d try to make the other person more thirsty. Whoever caved had to go get the drink. Pete generally caved. Whether he was thirstier or nicer, I don’t know. I do know that I was lazier. In these wheelchair days I have to be [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- cheap swimwear: cheap swimwear It cannot have a larger number of ...
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Use Green card lawyer To Make Someone Fall In Love With You September 12, 2019
- Важные индикаторы на адмирал ххх казино мобильная версия для вас September 6, 2019
- Украина 2019: адмирал ххх казино выбор покупателей September 6, 2019
- Лучшие способы казино адмирал ххх официальный сайт 2018 September 6, 2019
- Casino admiral xxx – Казино адмирал ххх September 6, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129