I’ve bought wrapping paper, cookie dough and magazines. I’ve hawked gift cards, cinnamon rolls and candles. In the name of parenthood, I’ve been to Chicj-Fil-A, Chuch-E-Cheese, bowling and roller skating. With a string of tickets we’ve been to carnivals, fairs, festivals and food-offerings. We let our kids beg friends and relatives to sponsor them for [...]
I remember the first day of Nathaniel’s first year of school. The tears. The sobbing. The wailing. It took ten minutes for me to stop bawling after he took off without a backward glance. This first school day I send off three kids to three different schools. A sophomore, seventh grader and fourth grader. Hearts [...]
I left for Chicago and BlogHer knowing I was leaving Peter with a lead ball of worry in his gut. Not because he was particularly worried about me – I’ve been to DC, NYC, LA and countless others – but because I was boarding a plane with our 12yo. BlogHer isn’t anything new, with its [...]
I write a lot of crap. Sometimes it’s with a particular person in mind but I tend to call them out. Usually I speak in vague generalities.about no one and everyone specifically. Totally one of the benefit of almost dying is realizing its not worthwhile to hide other people’s bullshit. One of the other benefits? [...]
Summer break with three kids home from school. An eye surgery gone horribly wrong. Extended family complications. The puppy eating frenzy. Hormone wrangling. I t all coalesced to a perfect storm of non-blogging. Something had to give and the blogosphere did. Part of me wanted to curl up with my keyboard and lock all the [...]
When I had my first eye surgery the staff said that there were all these likely post-surgery effects. Then they told me about the very unlikely risks but things I needed to know. I fell in the unlikely category. So I needed a second surgery to fix the results of the first. Same situation with the warnings. [...]
Water falls. Sun rays. Fun swells. My kids are enjoying the first day of summer break at a water park with friends and their dad. I couldn’t go. Not because I wanted to stay home and feel sorry for myself. I’m just really FAIL at outdoor functions like these. My medications make me hyper-sensitive to the [...]
People write for many reasons. Whether it’s a creative impulse or a business motivation there is a drive that leads us to stamp out our little mark on the world. I’ve always had a hunger to write. Since childhood I would wrap myself in my imagination and let my stories take flight from my pens. [...]
I’m having eye surgery. AGAIN. Yes, again. Eye surgery #1 was to repair the double vision and move my actual eyeball so the pupil was centered. The surgery was successful BUT it damaged a muscle and caused my eyelid to droop. Like ridiculously. Eye surgery #2 was to try to repair the droopy eyelid. There was some improvement but now the droop has [...]
A friend emailed and told me about a grocery list of craptitude that had happened to her and her family and all the fallout she was stressing about dealing over. Then she finished with “…I know it’s nothing compared to what you go through.” For a second I wished that Google would develop GSlap because I needed [...]
Phantom limb sensations can also occur following nerve avulsion or spinal cord injury. Sensations are recorded most frequently following the amputation of an arm or a leg, but may also occur following the removal of a breast or an internal organ. Phantom limb pain is the feeling of pain in an absent limb or a [...]
Friends have praised me. Old loves have whispered of passion. Medical staff have uttered words of astonishment. None came close to meaning as much as the words from my son. He and a friend were discussing mothers and the friend said “My mom isn’t as cool as she likes to think she is”. Nathaniel immediately said [...]
I wonder what it was like to have my handicap fifty years ago. Granted people didn’t live without the medical treatments I was lucky to have. I think of the limits I have and what I would have then, it makes me know I’d have very little reason to even leave my house. Who would [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- cheap swimwear: cheap swimwear It cannot have a larger number of ...
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Use Green card lawyer To Make Someone Fall In Love With You September 12, 2019
- Важные индикаторы на адмирал ххх казино мобильная версия для вас September 6, 2019
- Украина 2019: адмирал ххх казино выбор покупателей September 6, 2019
- Лучшие способы казино адмирал ххх официальный сайт 2018 September 6, 2019
- Casino admiral xxx – Казино адмирал ххх September 6, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129