I left for Chicago and BlogHer knowing I was leaving Peter with a lead ball of worry in his gut. Not because he was particularly worried about me – I’ve been to DC, NYC, LA and countless others – but because I was boarding a plane with our 12yo. BlogHer isn’t anything new, with its [...]
Even though I’m not a big commenter (mostly that writing thing) I do try to read. Even before I had to learn to conserve my words I never felt like my writing FIT in any neat little labeled box. It’s not bad. I’m proud of it. The way a mom is proud of drawings she keeps on the fridge. [...]
When I write on the Internet I always give a piece of myself. I like to think everyone who blogs understands that feeling of baring their soul and letting everyone watch. Becoming the center on your own voyeuristic, emotional peep show. But some posts more than others leave me feeling raw, exposed. After I push [...]
I’ve shared tips and told you how *I* do thing. I told how we managed to save money by getting two gallons of milk out of one gallon. I showed you how *I* learned to take off lids with one hand. I’ve shown you tools that have helped me along the way, ways I’ve learned [...]
Something that was explained at Bloggy Boot Camp was “how to get more comments“. Now, I won’t lie and tell you that I don’t appreciate when a post resonates with a reader in a way that makes you feel the need to take time out of your busy life and leave a comment. I do. [...]
I felt like Michelle Duggar going into a Lamaze class. Granted, I was at Bloggy Boot Camp for a different reason than a lot of the attendees, but I did get the slightest feeling of the WIZENED OLD LADY in the bunch. The old lady who always has a kleenex in her purse. And a [...]
Everything feels like puzzle. Exercise. Rehab. Writing. Blogs. Friends. Relatives. The biggest piece. The one all the others have to fit around. Family. It feels like the side change shape. Get longer. Are shortened. A spot that once arched out now curves in. The transformations are subtle. Their changes. Mine. Physical. Emotional. The pieces always [...]
There has been a strange sense of wondering if I should be telling this part of my story. What’s healing for me and therapeutic in telling may not be what most want to read. Granted, some understand and some get what is going on in my head. But I wonder how many are really tired [...]
Back before I had the stroke, I was a very busy blogger. I always had someone to meet, a company to rep, a product to try. Dude, I was busy. I also wrote my blog that I loved, I wrote the blog that I dreamed about (and it came true), and these were just a [...]
There are times I have to switch my hats so fast it gives me whiplash. Just hours into my time in North Carolina at the Type-A Mom Conference, I got a call that shook me to my core. A call that left me crying in the bathroom. A call with news that made my heart [...]
I have three kids, each three years apart. Do you have any idea how hard it is to play a game with these three? The 11yo doesn’t want to play down the 5yo’s level and I swear he takes his revenge in listening to her moan the fact that she lost AGAIN…the 5yo finds her [...]
I sent out a tweet not long ago asking “If you had to handwrite your blog, would you still blog?” I was surprised by how many people said that having to write out their posts would shut them down faster than a fat kid runs to cake. I’ve journaled since I was a child and [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- ofilzac.com: It's hard to find educated people for this topic,...
- FirstElouise: I see you don't monetize your site, don't waste ...
- www.eriksentrust.co.za: Hello there I am so grateful I found your webpage,...
- coach handbags values game: I used to be recommended this blog through my cous...
- StephaineX: Hi blogger i see you don't earn on your page. You...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014