“Stranger danger!” “Don’t talk to strangers!” Those were the most common warnings of my childhood memory. Don’t take candy from strangers. Don’t get in strange vehicles Only YOU can prevent a forest fire. Those were the warnings my parent gave me. My fears were some dark and shadowy figure out to snatch me away from [...]
Our son Nathaniel turns 15 tomorrow. Sunday at a pre-birthday dinner with grandma Peter and I told the story about the day before my delivery. The nerves, excitement, my sheer enormity, THE NINTENDO my husband took to labor and delivery. We went on and on, “fifteen years ago today….”, talking about the birth, how much [...]
I love to spend time with my kids. Working from home while parenting isn’t the easiest thing EVER. Parents who work a job outside the home, to come and start their next job understand. Parents whose job comes with no PTO or weekends understand. When I hear there’s a “war” between the kinds of moms [...]
I’m thankful I had my strokes when I did. I don’t mean I’m glad I had strokes. And I definitely could have waited years before becoming handicapped. But if I was going to have strokes, I’m glad that I got to have some of the experiences I did FIRST. I got to walk down the [...]
Sometimes I get in a funk. Then I have to make myself find reasons for to get out of it. There’s been physical progress, conference opportunities, Extreme Home Makeover videos, husbands that make threats involving things that are put up high. Funk? When do I have long to wallow in the funkadelio? Mainly because the [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- blog: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to f...
- Men Black Jacket: Thanks for sharing it and I really agree with the ...
- filmitorrent: I would like to thank you for the efforts you've ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129