The cord of my earbuds are tangled. Snarled. Like a ball of Christmas lights. With one hand I slowly begin the process. Painstakingly. Methodically. Weaving the end, in, out, under, over. Pulling a knot free, only twenty-five more to go. My daughters, my friends, they watch in pain. I know they want to help. With [...]
People write for many reasons. Whether it’s a creative impulse or a business motivation there is a drive that leads us to stamp out our little mark on the world. I’ve always had a hunger to write. Since childhood I would wrap myself in my imagination and let my stories take flight from my pens. [...]
It would be easy to be angry. This wasn’t the life I expected to have. I didn’t expect to face my uncertain future in a wheelchair with a stroke-effected appearance and a prison of my own body. It would be SO easy to be angry. I work hard to stay thankful. In spite of my [...]
I’ll be the first person to get on my accessible soapbox and bang on my drum with one hand that limitations are in your own mind. Truthfully, there are limitations you have to deal with every day that are VERY REAL and can put a damper on your positive mindset. Things can get in your way [...]
I was jealous. For minutes I sat there and watched and was totally consumed by the thoughts of life with both arms and a face that worked. God, I wanted it. I did. I would have given my one good leg to have a fully functional torso again. Then it went away. I let go [...]
It’s a lot of work to be friends with me. Now I’m not saying I’m not lots of fun and totally worth it, but it IS A LOT OF WORK TO BE MY FRIEND. People have to walk slower when they’re with me. It’s just part of the wheelchair gig. The staring is a phenomenon [...]
We’ve raised monsters. Amazing, incredible monsters. It’s such a weird line I walk between being as firm as they need and as lenient as they deserve. These kids have been through thing that would break most adults. Cancer. A come. Strokes. A life transformed to deal with a handicap. Now they have parents going through [...]
The choice to not be married came with the decision to be alone. For a lot of people that thought is scary and daunting bur it comes with an extra layer of difficulty for me. Now, don’t mistake me. I’m not thinking about dating anyone. I could care less about some faceless guy. But being [...]
Sometimes when you’re in a wheelchair and handicapped and medically complicated it can start to feel like that is ALL your life is about. I write about my conditions, but I hope you don’t think they DEFINE me. I have to remind myself that just because I’m thankful with life in general that it doesn’t [...]
A a trip to the pool at the YMCA. I sat waiting for a family shower room to open up. The door finally opened. A mother with her daughter exited the room. There was no staring, which was pretty weird as far I was concerned. Until dad came out. In his wheelchair. Both arms working [...]
Trolls can hurt any time they take what you say the wrong way. To be honest I have a certain amount of words to use. I CAN’T answer each person the way I’d like. Then to see my friends Catherine and Tanis going through these struggles with CHILDREN, it makes my blood boil. Because I [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129