It’s been a learning journey. I’d like to say it’s all been easy but, like most things with teenagers, it wasn’t. Invisalign has had its benefits and we would definitely do it again. Seeing as how we have two more kids we WILLL do aligners again. When we first went into treatment the biggest of our worries were Nathanie’s overbite. We didn’t have to [...]
The fact that my mom, my 14yo and I all have Facebook pages mean that the fabric of reality is probably shredding right now. Granted we use it in very different ways and there are things my son already knows that my mom will never bother to get into. Fact is, Facebook is a tool [...]
We live in a digital age. My kids will never experience a world where information and entertainment is at their fingertips. One of the biggest steps has been in You Tube. Whether you are are a musician, vlogger, humorist or brand this is the way to connect with you, the viewer. What are you viewing? Stuff like [...]
Trying out Invisalign aligners as the mom of a teen wearer has been a different challenge from having them as an adult. As if you need reason besides the nearly invisible appearance and the ability to remove them WHENEVER, Invisalign now has a group of Teen Celebs that are singing their praises. Or I guess texting their praises. [...]
We’ve been at this Invisalign thing with Nathaniel for a little over a year. We’ve had the occasional bump in the aligner road. Nathaniel has forgotten his aligners on a food tray and had them thrown away. He forget to get his next set from the orthodontist and his teeth had started to move backwards. [...]
At Rachael’s last dentist checkup, the dentist said , “You can go for your first orthodontic appointment.” She’s 10yo and still losing teeth and that was a time recommended to US to wait. But we also have this child number two expecting Invisalign in her mouth. Honestly, after seeing the effects + benefits that Nathaniel [...]
Lia brought up one of the greatest arguments surrounding Invisalign for teen: IS THE ADDED COST GOING TO BE WORTH IT? You all probably think that because I’m a part of the Mom’s Advisory Board and Nathaniel got his Invisalign trays complimentary that we opted to get the trays instead of standard braces. Truth of [...]
So this was supposed to be a different post. But it seemed fairly important to share as the parent with Invisalign trays. Before school started Nathaniel got brackets on his teeth to start moving his teeth because of the wicked overbite problem he suffers. But the adhesive didn’t work for whatever reason and we had [...]
I have been very happy to be part of the Mom’s Advisory Board for Invisalign. Nathaniel got free braces so we could genuinely talk about the process and let you in on watching the progress. It’s been a learning experience for us, comparing his experience wit my traditional one just a few years ago. And [...]
I have been so very lucky in the opportunities coming my way. Not too long ago I was asked if I had a child in the age range that Invisalign was looking for. I did. They asked if we were interested in Nathaniel having these braces as a blogging job. Because of the medical bills [...]
I was supposed to be packing a suitcase. Preparing for my trip to California to learn about my son’s braces. Ready to see my friend Kim. Unfortunately, the weather caused flights to get canceled. And I found out my healthy child had the bronchial flu, out of school all week. So, I won’t be going [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- Marcia: Very good information. Lucky me I came across your...
- Clemmie: It was hard for me to find your articles in google...
- Rosella: I see a lot of interesting content on your page. ...
- Saturday Snippets: [...] Love what you have … [...]...
- husband: Now i'm really astounded with all your way with w...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- we respect doctors because they’re terribly smart and have cool toys June 15, 2010
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- do the time warp again March 5, 2014
- blogging on purpose January 17, 2014
- i want to be buried in my “i love jake ryan” shirt January 14, 2014