February went by with no posts. They were in my head but because of my eyes and overall laziness with typing they stayed dormant. I didn’t write about my fortieth birthday, Pete’s fortieth-second went by too. Nathaniel turned 16 (all teenage girls that visit are automatically shot in the ass with a dart of Depo-Provera)(There’s [...]
I’m pretty sure I’m dying. I’ve had bronchitis since Christmas, I keep forgetting to take my night meds so my bp is wonky and Web MD said this strange mole is probable pancreatic cancer. So, it’s been real ya’ll. I can only imagine the lectures brewing right now. You forget your meds? Are you stupid? Do you [...]
I can’t cut my nails. Fingers or toes, they’re a two-handed job that are beyond me. So, I go and have a mani/pedi. Which sounds great, used to be a treat, a moment to pamper myself. But like anything, when it becomes a necessity some of the joy gets sucked out it. I really thought [...]
They say if your second child was your first child there wouldn’t BE a second child. Rachael was a happy, funny, healthy baby. She was a goofy, energetic toddler. She was smart, playful and she and Nathaniel got along great. Then we had Peyton. We rocked Rachael’s toddler world. The cute baby girl of the [...]
I love to spend time with my kids. Working from home while parenting isn’t the easiest thing EVER. Parents who work a job outside the home, to come and start their next job understand. Parents whose job comes with no PTO or weekends understand. When I hear there’s a “war” between the kinds of moms [...]
I had to have one of the toughest conservations a parent has to have with a child. Not THAT conversation. We had that conversation a long time ago. It involved graphs and diagrams and cookies. My 14yo son wanted to tell me about the funny thing his school buddies did. The story began with, ” [...]
When two parents are separating it’s easy to let anger and hurt take priority over the children you share. Normal people, those unhindered by handicaps, have the luxury of furious departures. Something the wheelchair, and the limitations that go with it, have forced upon us is greater compromise. The reasons that we can no longer [...]
How did this happen? They were just babies. I have the proof. They are going to be amazing adults if the outstanding kids they have become is any sign of things to come. Every day I get to spend with them is more precious than the last. *OOOF* my heart
We’ve raised monsters. Amazing, incredible monsters. It’s such a weird line I walk between being as firm as they need and as lenient as they deserve. These kids have been through thing that would break most adults. Cancer. A come. Strokes. A life transformed to deal with a handicap. Now they have parents going through [...]
Peter helped me with my shoes. He pushed me down the road to the neighbor’s house. We took turns talking to the boy and the parent about the situation and our reactions and the resulting outcomes. We presented a united front for the sake of our children. For the well-being of our girls we stopped [...]
Brushing your teeth should come with no bigger shock than a weird piece of roast beef stuck between your molars. When you haven’t HAD roast beef. ???? Anywaaaay. I got a bigger shock when my 8yo came to me and told me about a neighborhood boy who had pulled down his pants on the trampoline [...]
Parents in a situation like ours have a ROUGH LIFE. There is no easy way to separate something that was never intended to be separated. We didn’t live our lives with the thought that someday we would have split it up. Parents have an incredibly hard job. Divorcing parents can make a hard job EVEN [...]
I’m sitting here trying to think of the “right” way to write this. I could write this in a way that would get ME all the support and make Peter look like the enemy. I could write this in a way that makes me look like a victim and make you feel sorry for for [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- Nina: Hi there everyone, it's mmy first go to see at ti...
- Togel Hongkong: I used to be suggested this web site by means of m...
- Adultfriends review: Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this web page dail...
- real fuck buddies: Everything is very open with a very clear clarific...
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129