It was so good for the kids to be at the NonCon. Nathaniel got to see his humor appreciated and Peyton made a best friend in Faiqa’s daughter. For Rachael, my very impressionable and observant 11yo daughter it was the chance to see that adults truly valued her for qualities that 6th graders don’t have the maturity to see. The way [...]
Childhood Cancer Month. I thought about the many images I could share with you that would break your heart. The moments I snapped on film of a little girl forced to endure a multitude of pains. But that isn’t what I want to do. For us this is a celebration of completing chemo and radiation. Not all [...]
Yesterday Peter and I met with a pediatrician who told us that our kids seemed to have a lot of pent up emotions. I’m going to let that one simmer for a second. The kids who have dealt with their mom having a stroke. Then their baby sister going through cancer treatment. After which, mom [...]
Dear Parents of Peyton Mayhew… I can’t tell you how many letters over the years have been news we didn’t want. But this was good. So good. Great. FABULOUS. Now this this only three years out of five until we can use the “cured” with confidence. And nothing is ever guaranteed. But these words made [...]
It’s been a year. A year since I handed Peyton her last dose of chemotherapy medicine and she downed it like a champ. A year since the clock started ticking….the one that counts off the days to five years. She’s finally gotten to the age where she’s got more days off-chemo than on-chemo in her [...]
Peyton had an oncology checkup on Tuesday. I had the pukes. They rescheduled it for Wednesday. I still didn’t feel like I was safe to be around the immune-compromised kids, so I canceled that one too. Now, we wait until next week to see her doctor and get her bloodwork. And I’m sort of relieved. [...]
The girls got their hair cut today. Tomorrow’s picture day at school…sort of a big deal. One that Peyton will miss. Again. I can’t even tell you how much that sucks. Instead, we’ll be going for an eye exam with an ophthalmologist. Peyton has eye problems? You might ask. No. Peyton has headaches. She has [...]
September 2003…waiting September 2004…laughing September 2005…enjoying September 2006…enduring September 2007…persevering September 2008…inspiring September 2009…overcoming September 2010….. And what? Will the Leukemia stay gone? Will it come back? That’s LIFE with cancer. You can NOT have the disease. I think it’s impossible to NOT have the fear. The scars are forever. The future is always hopeful, [...]
Just in case you didn’t know. My kid had cancer. She was only two years old. She looked like this: She endured two and half years of chemotherapy and radiation treatment…she had to go through THIS: Yup, that’s a needle in her chest. Good times. Doesn’t THIS look like fun? And yes, she is strapped [...]
Being at BlogHer all weekend was a huge relief because it brought my normal monthly crazy down to a dull roar. I got home late on Sunday and bright and early Tuesday morning I had to drive Peyton into ATL for her finger poke. Already? Didn’t we just do this but with a side of [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- bệnh tiểu đường tuýp 2: Magnificent web site. Lots of useful info here. I...
- cheap swimwear: cheap swimwear It cannot have a larger number of ...
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- мелбет зеркало рабочее на сегодня и актуальная ссылка на официальный сайт букмекерской конторы. December 7, 2019
- мелбет зеркало от конторы. December 7, 2019
- Мобильная версия букмекерской конторы melbet. December 7, 2019
- oakland pay day loans December 4, 2019
- Мобильная версия букмекерской конторы melbet. December 3, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129