Last month I was proud to lead the Aiming Low Event Organizing team in the first Non-Conference. It was a smashing success. We had fabulous attendees, incredible keynotes from JC Little and the Pioneer Woman and the involvement of our sponsors was fun and natural. Throughout the months leading up to the NonCon I worked tightly with Stephanie from Evolved Mommy. Stephanie was [...]
JC had told me that her opening keynote speech involved some audience participation. She then told that I was excused. I was sort of relieved. I figured this meant that it was a standing exercise or one involving two hands. So JC did her speech and told her story to a barrage of incredible hand-drawn slides. Then came [...]
I sat at the back of an empty room and looked around at the walls, the tables, the chairs and quiet expectation that waited. Months of emails had been written. Hangouts had been hung. Calls had been made. Planning, coordinating, organizing, culminating. The emptiness waited. My stomach burned with the worry. Then a few friendly [...]
There I am, just days away from the biggest event I’ve ever organized and I have this moment of clarity. I’m literally sitting on the toilet (bear with me) where I sit to change clothes and I can’t get my leg out of my jeans. I’m struggling with my pants that are stuck on my non-moving foot, I reach [...]
Spring 2009 my good friend Janet and I were passing napkins at a conference. From those napkins were the birth of Aiming Low. A few months before my strokes we talked about a conference that would be about the days we wrote because we felt compelled to create, not because we thought we’d get free [...]
I had a bit of a breakdown Monday.I came unraveled. Lost my shit. Seriously walked the edge. I’m juggling a lot of balls right now. The Non-Conference. Aiming Low. Surgeries and their recoveries. A disability office that keeps saying I’m not disabled enough. Fears that effects from my strokes seem to be getting worse. The situation with Pete [...]
I’m tired. I’m pushing myself a little harder than I probably should. I’m organizing the Non-Conference. I’m planning the Come As You Are party. I’m proud to be one of the People’s Choices for BlogHer’s Voices Of The Year. I’m writing my book. I’m planning for trips. I have these three beautiful people that depend [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- blog: Good site you have got here.. It's difficult to f...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Сколько может стоить дрифт казино? August 12, 2019
- pm casino в 2019 Лучшие обзоры? August 5, 2019
- These 5 Simple keto diet cookbook Tricks Will Pump Up Your Sales Almost Instantly August 1, 2019
- Avoid The Top 10 Mistakes Made By Beginning duckdose August 1, 2019
- The Advanced Guide To bitcoin pharmacy August 1, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129