I’ve bought wrapping paper, cookie dough and magazines. I’ve hawked gift cards, cinnamon rolls and candles. In the name of parenthood, I’ve been to Chicj-Fil-A, Chuch-E-Cheese, bowling and roller skating. With a string of tickets we’ve been to carnivals, fairs, festivals and food-offerings. We let our kids beg friends and relatives to sponsor them for [...]
We went for “Freshmen Schedule Orientation” at Nathaniel’s soon-to-be high school. Otherwise known as “Did high school girl always look like THAT?” and “ENOUGH WITH THE BOUNCING!” day. I’m thinking of strategies. Stealing his cell phone and broadcasting a text message “thanx 4 ue support with this Herpes outbreak.” Jsnking his Facebook account and leaving [...]
Why no one should ever…I repeat…EVER…offer me a PTA position. Cause I just might take them up on it. And then? Armageddon. Or at least the school version of it. Dear 2009-2010 parents, I sure appreciate your misguided voting to elect me as your new PTA president. We are instituting a few possibly-not-totally-approved-by-administration changes to [...]
My kids started school today. I KNOW! We start wicked early but that’s a really good thing because OHMYFREAKINGHECK do my kids need to be around some other kids. And out of my butt hair. Thursday was open house at their respective schools…the girls at the same elementary school and Nathaniel at *gulp* middle school. [...]
I have taken on a lot these past weeks. I guess I had it in my head that after the move things would settle down and I would find my equalibrium. Oh yeah. I would find it, I would hold it close, I would OWN it. The little jerk is still hiding. Or maybe I [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- www.donsmobileglass.com: I leave a response when I like a article on a site...
- sabrosita590am.com.mx: Having read this I believed it was very informativ...
- Wulandari: Great blog you have here.. It's hard to find high...
- ofilzac.com: It's hard to find educated people for this topic,...
- FirstElouise: I see you don't monetize your site, don't waste ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014