I went to Blissdom. I was with Jackie (my helper) and Julia (my friend with the best curly hair) and my new wheelchair Bertha. My regular wheelchair is a manual chair. Bertha is a powerchair. It was my first conference with Bertha. No idea, but the stirrings of the independence she gives me. We hit [...]
The choice to not be married came with the decision to be alone. For a lot of people that thought is scary and daunting bur it comes with an extra layer of difficulty for me. Now, don’t mistake me. I’m not thinking about dating anyone. I could care less about some faceless guy. But being [...]
I can’t regulate the temperature on half my body. On my stroke-effected side I don’t have the ability to cool off, so I’ll bust out in a sweat for no reason. On one side. For no reason. When the other side is actually cold. How screwed up is THAT? So yes, I will sweat for [...]
I’m taking something deeply personally and dealing with it in a way that is incredibly public. I was asked to keep it more private. And I thought about it. I really did. Did I want everyone knowing that I failed at my marriage? That I’m choosing to end a union I had once vowed my [...]
“Good night, mama.” My 7yo hugged and kissed me and we went through the rituals of bedtime. “I know what tomorrow is,” she said, with her arms arms still wrapped around my neck. Thinking she was talking about the dentist appointment she had, I said, “Oh yeah?” “Two years ago you had your strokes.” And [...]
There is a certain “you can’t do that” to my life. It’s been said in the past. Some people believed I could only fail. I’d like to say that I knew right away they were wrong. I could face every challenge. I was positive there was nothing but good times ahead. I’d like to say [...]
My friend Karen tweeted this. Then my other friend Schmutzie wrote this. So I drew this: Not really, but I thought about it. The question was asked: what are the 5 best decisions of my adult life so far? To stay pregnant Bungee-jumping Deciding to write it all Bread bowls Not giving up To stay [...]
Not everything in my life gets to be funny. I see the humor in so many things and appreciate laughter in every form. But sometime the reality of what happened to me sneaks in and steals my laughter. Leaves fear and tears in it’s wake. I cry out in memory of those moments when I [...]
It isn’t just that my body isn’t what it used to be in terms of size of my thighs, the color of my roots or the direction of my nipples, I am frustrated with what feels like weakness in my basic stamina. It gets on my nerves that I have to sleep every day. I [...]
There are lots of causes I’d love to have the money and time to give to, and then there’s the moment a cause just smacks you in the face with the sheer perfection of it’s tackiness. About 6 months ago I was first approached by Lori and she told me the story of how “Pursey [...]
Strokes aren’t pretty. They aren’t. I’m not. Now, I can hear you sputtering about how I should find mysel beautiful, and I do. I’m just not PRETTY. Pretty can fade with time. Pretty is swallowed by ugliness in your soul Pretty is like candy. It’s good, it’s fun, you want some, but it won’t FEED [...]
“You need to own your naps again.” Pete said this other day when we were talking about a lot of things that needed SOMETHING. I have this site and Aiming Low that I’m building up. 25 writers I love talking to each day. We’re organizing events at BlogHer and TypeAParent. The freelance thing I do. [...]
A woman had a stroke Her husband handled the kids the best he could. The time went by as the woman was in a coma. People prayed. Hoped. Gave strength. Gave of themselves. Gave what they could. While they wait. It all feels and sounds so familiar. It is Joanne and Tobien Heim’s story. It [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/64/4534164/html/wp-content/plugins/instagramwidget/instagramWidget.php on line 43
- cheap swimwear: cheap swimwear It cannot have a larger number of ...
- ankara halı yıkama mamak: Greeetings I am so thrilled I found yojr website...
- link: Hello, after reading this awesome article i am as ...
- Lesley: Hello There. I found your blog the usage of msn. T...
- blog: Admiring the persistence you put into your website...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Top 10 Tips To Grow Your tego kraju September 25, 2019
- Use Green card lawyer To Make Someone Fall In Love With You September 12, 2019
- Важные индикаторы на адмирал ххх казино мобильная версия для вас September 6, 2019
- Украина 2019: адмирал ххх казино выбор покупателей September 6, 2019
- Лучшие способы казино адмирал ххх официальный сайт 2018 September 6, 2019
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129