Even though I’m not a big commenter (mostly that writing thing) I do try to read. Even before I had to learn to conserve my words I never felt like my writing FIT in any neat little labeled box. It’s not bad. I’m proud of it. The way a mom is proud of drawings she keeps on the fridge. [...]
When I write on the Internet I always give a piece of myself. I like to think everyone who blogs understands that feeling of baring their soul and letting everyone watch. Becoming the center on your own voyeuristic, emotional peep show. But some posts more than others leave me feeling raw, exposed. After I push [...]
I’ve shared tips and told you how *I* do thing. I told how we managed to save money by getting two gallons of milk out of one gallon. I showed you how *I* learned to take off lids with one hand. I’ve shown you tools that have helped me along the way, ways I’ve learned [...]
There are certain things I had to learn to do to keep writing. I’ve never been one to be great with imagery. My words were plain and simple. My style is almost stark now. I have to keep the look very minimalistic because my vision can’t handle too much action. Instead of telling you how [...]
We sat together and made a list. I told her what to write “What IS Great About Being In The Hospital“. I don’t remember the whole thing, but I do remember that one of the things on my list was “gravy”. Bless their hearts. There was gravy on everything. That was the first thing thing [...]
Something that was explained at Bloggy Boot Camp was “how to get more comments“. Now, I won’t lie and tell you that I don’t appreciate when a post resonates with a reader in a way that makes you feel the need to take time out of your busy life and leave a comment. I do. [...]
As I signed Peyton’s agenda, she said, “There’s a boy in my class who thinks your writing is messy.” OOOOF. He’s right. To a 7yo who’s told to work on neatness and staying in the lines it IS messy This little boy wouldn’t understand what an achievement it is to sign that agenda at all. [...]
My mom asked me a question and I realized you might have wondered at one point or another. I write here. But I also write at Aiming Low. Every now and then I do freelance writing at places like SheKnows, Women On The Fence, and BlogHer.. Some of those articles seem long. Longer than anything [...]
Erma Bombeck said something that pretty much defines my approach to life.... "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and I could say, "I used everything you gave me." If you switch the word TALENT for LOVE or LAUGHTER or HAPPINESS....it still stands.
Read By Email
- bosentan costo: La respuesta siempre es no. - Mujeres en edad fér...
- Virginia: Helpful information. Lucky me I found your web sit...
- JoeannJuicy: Hi. I see that you don't update your blog too oft...
- www.donsmobileglass.com: I leave a response when I like a article on a site...
- sabrosita590am.com.mx: Having read this I believed it was very informativ...
- every child deserves a @ShotAtLife with the UN Foundation’s blog relay August 15, 2012
- It’s never too early to teach your kids how to get thrown out of an establishment with STYLE August 6, 2009
- playing games in my mind October 16, 2013
- do people comment because they have things to say or they feel they have to? June 26, 2010
- well, here you go…. August 3, 2010
- Mabel’s Labels for everything but when I lose my mind! @Mabelhood September 26, 2014
- phantom hands August 15, 2014
- what i did during summer break… August 12, 2014
- parent/teenager conferences March 10, 2014
- bowling balls the only balls in play March 6, 2014
- Master Your Own Weight Loss Destiny With These Tips dnjdmkdbcy129
- Easy And Effective Fitness Tips For Anyone dnjdmkdbcy129
- Be Your Healthiest With These Suggestions About Fitness dnjdmkdbcy129